Annotations Hackfest Update - join in remotely!

Ryan Sarver

May 27, 2010, 1:56:01 AM5/27/10
to Twitter Development Talk
Hey all,

Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that we are going to be extending the Annotations hackfest to anyone interested, regardless of whether or not you are able to make it to SF. We'll be providing a preview of Annotations to anyone interested with the caveat that it might get torn down again after the weekend is over if we feel like we need to make some changes based on the feedback from the weekend.

Unfortunately the actual judging will only be possible for people that are able to make it to the office, but we wanted to make sure developers around the world were able to participate and provide feedback on this EARLY preview of Annotations. Your hard work will still get featured with everyone else's in the blog or wherever we end up putting links to all that was accomplished over the weekend.

We will also be trying to setup video uplinks so we can all get to meet each other virtually, regardless of where you are geographically. So get your webcams ready.

You'll still need to submit through the form in the blog post (http://engineering.twitter.com/2010/05/annotations-hackfest.html) as we need the twitter handles of people on your team so we can enable Annotations for you. Please be sure to note in the description that you will be a remote team and where you will be tuning in from.

We are incredibly excited to see what everyone comes up with. See you there physically or virtually.

Best, Ryan

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 27, 2010, 2:11:24 AM5/27/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Sarver, Twitter Development Talk
Quoting Ryan Sarver <rsa...@twitter.com>:

> Hey all,
>
> Just wanted to update everyone and let you know that we are going to be
> extending the Annotations hackfest to anyone interested, regardless of
> whether or not you are able to make it to SF. We'll be providing a preview
> of Annotations to anyone interested with the caveat that it might get torn
> down again after the weekend is over if we feel like we need to make some
> changes based on the feedback from the weekend.

Thank you!! It's going to be a fun weekend! ;-)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 29, 2010, 2:03:23 PM5/29/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Sarver, Twitter Development Talk
Quoting Ryan Sarver <rsa...@twitter.com>:

How are we coordinating the remote folks? Twitter? IRC? Email?

Ryan Sarver

May 29, 2010, 2:22:44 PM5/29/10
to M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Ed, I'm going to post a wiki page shortly to coordinate all the local
and remote groups. Stay tuned, it kicks off at 1pm PST today

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

May 29, 2010, 2:24:43 PM5/29/10
to Ryan Sarver, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Quoting Ryan Sarver <rsa...@twitter.com>:

> Ed, I'm going to post a wiki page shortly to coordinate all the local
> and remote groups. Stay tuned, it kicks off at 1pm PST today

Thanks! Stickler that I am, I'm going to assume that you mean Pacific
*Daylight* Time - aka UTC - 7 hours ;-)