Mobile view of twitter.com doesn't show "This person has protected their tweets" message

Richard Barnett

Apr 7, 2010, 12:04:58 AM4/7/10
to Twitter Development Talk
For the case where I'm trying to view a protected Twitter account
profile http://twitter.com/username & I'm not signed in or not a
follower:
- "Standard" view displays a page with a lock image & the message
"This person has protected their tweets"
- "Mobile" view displays a page with a message "This functionality is
not currently supported in the mobile site. This is coming soon.
Thanks for your patience!"

This occurs in FF, IE, Chrome & Opera.

This is confusing to users of the app I'm developing, which renders a
mobile-optimised webpage with links to http://m.twitter.com/username.

Is this likely to be fixed any time soon?

Thanks

-- Richard Barnett

Abraham Williams

Apr 7, 2010, 11:41:51 AM4/7/10
to twitter-development-talk
Have a look at the new http://mobile.twitter.com. It looks awesome and displays if profiles are protected.

Abraham

Abraham Williams | Community Advocate | http://abrah.am
PoseurTech Labs | Projects | http://labs.poseurtech.com

Josh Bleecher Snyder

Apr 7, 2010, 11:58:20 AM4/7/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
> Have a look at the new http://mobile.twitter.com. It looks awesome and
> displays if profiles are protected.

It does look awesome!

The grammar freak in me feels compelled to point out that "Whats being
said about..." should be "What's being said about..."; that is, it's
missing the apostrophe in the contraction. Anyone at Twitter want to
make a 1 (or 5) character fix? :)

-josh

Richard Barnett

Apr 7, 2010, 7:45:47 PM4/7/10
On Apr 8, 1:41 am, Abraham Williams <4bra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look at the new http://mobile.twitter.com. It looks awesome and
> displays if profiles are protected.

It does look awesome; unfortunately it uses a bunch of Javascript
which (in general) many low-end mobile browsers can't handle.

I need a mobile-optimised Javascript-free page that displays the
"protected" message.

-- Richard