Twitter Lists: /user/list/members.xml returning only 20 at a time

Dave Briccetti

Oct 24, 2009, 6:18:55 PM10/24/09
to Twitter Development Talk
How can I retrieve more than 20 at a time?

?cursor=-1&count=200 has no effect

Rich

Oct 26, 2009, 5:30:44 AM10/26/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Seriously have we got a two tier dev system now, can we all have
access to the API please?

Eric Woodward

Oct 26, 2009, 1:55:26 PM10/26/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Rich, I think you answered your own question there, the first one
anyway. I would not expect a real answer to the second one.

--ejw

Eric Woodward
Email: e...@nambu.com

Rich

Oct 27, 2009, 3:28:31 AM10/27/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Thats pretty disappointing seeing as, for instance on the iPhone/iPod
touch platform, there are lots competing together. Some get
preferential treatment they get advantages.

Dan

Oct 30, 2009, 4:56:34 AM10/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hoping for an answer to this as well. The last dev post said that
cursors would be added to list-of-lists functions, but they didn't
mention followers-of-lists getting the treatment. It is much needed.

Dave Briccetti

Oct 30, 2009, 4:58:49 PM10/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Cursoring is working, but it seems wrong to get just 20 at a time.

GET /abdur/research/members.xml?cursor=-1
GET /abdur/research/members.xml?cursor=1316585587587157646

yields the same as

GET /abdur/research/members.xml?count=200&cursor=-1
GET /abdur/research/members.xml?count=200&cursor=1316585587587157646

Tim Haines

Oct 30, 2009, 5:12:03 PM10/30/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Yeah - it's a little stingy right now.  Seeing as there's a limit on 500 members, it would be nice if it could return all the id's in 1 hit..

Tim.

Dave Briccetti

Oct 30, 2009, 6:33:26 PM10/30/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Indeed.

I know every little bit helps when massively scaling, but, speaking
generally, I dislike scrolling through small chunks. Like in the
Twitter Web site just now, looking at lists, I have to scroll in small
chunks to see who’s in a list. (Other than that Twitter’s Web site
support for lists looks great.)