crossdomain.xml files back on twitter.com and search.twitter.com

Raffi Krikorian

Nov 4, 2009, 6:40:35 PM11/4/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
hi all.

the crossdomain.xml files are back on twitter.com and
search.twitter.com -- sorry for the accidental removal. feel free to
reach out if you have any issues.

thanks!

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team

Marauderz

Nov 6, 2009, 2:04:15 AM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Now I'm seeing that the crossdomain.xml files are limiting access only
to Twitter domains. What's up guys?

Marauderz

Nov 6, 2009, 3:03:55 AM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
The crossdomain.xml file is now denying access by external domains,
what's up?

Blue Monkeys

Nov 6, 2009, 7:34:17 AM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
They are back alright, but there is a new issue: crossdomain.xml is
now restricted and doesn't allow for remote access :(

We use the search API in atom format for getting data for a flash site
- it doesn't work anymore...
http://www.lampenduell.at/#/facts-and-figures

Is there any simple way around the restrictions or will you "fix" the
crossdomain.xml?

Any info is highly appreciated...
Best regards,
Gerald

Lykle

Nov 6, 2009, 9:43:45 AM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi All,

Although the crossdomain.xml files are back, they have not restored
the previous situation. We get reports that Twitterfountains fail all
over the place, corroborating the messages below from Marauderz and
Blue Monkeys.

Lykle
www.twitterfountain.com

SmartyP

Nov 6, 2009, 10:36:55 AM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
I too would like to know if the new restrictions are intentional..
should we plan on not being allowed search.twitter.com access, or is
this a mistake?

guytom

Nov 6, 2009, 4:14:02 PM11/6/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Any update on why the change in the search crossdomain? is it
permanent? you should at least give developers time to prepare

Raffi Krikorian

Nov 6, 2009, 8:40:19 PM11/6/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
hi all.

we've put the following crossdomain.xml onto search.twitter.com
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
       <allow-access-from domain="*" />
</cross-domain-policy>
hopefully this fixes most people's apps!  we're aiming to stay with this policy on search.

Any update on why the change in the search crossdomain? is it
permanent? you should at least give developers time to prepare

hi all.

the crossdomain.xml files are back on twitter.com and
search.twitter.com -- sorry for the accidental removal.  feel free to
reach out if you have any issues.

thanks!

orian

Nov 8, 2009, 11:44:21 AM11/8/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Any update on when a similar policy will be put into place on
api.twitter.com? This was promised a year and a half ago. A lot of
folks are asking for it, as can be seen in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_frm/thread/e35a708400b529b3

Raffi Krikorian

Nov 8, 2009, 6:55:30 PM11/8/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
hi!

we're definitely discussing it heavily internally now that
api.twitter.com has been launched and we are attempting to migrate all
developers to use that endpoint instead of the twitter.com endpoints.
we'll definitely keep people updated as we think these through. of
course, we always welcome discussion -- so please feel free to chime
in with ideas, concerns, etc.

> Any update on when a similar policy will be put into place on
> api.twitter.com? This was promised a year and a half ago. A lot of
> folks are asking for it, as can be seen in this thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_frm/thread/e35a708400b529b3

orian

Nov 8, 2009, 10:25:12 PM11/8/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Very glad to hear that! I'm going to reach out to my fellow Flashers
again to see who can give solid advice on opening up the crossdomain
policy while maintaining security.

On Nov 8, 6:55 pm, Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> wrote:
> hi!
>
> we're definitely discussing it heavily internally now that
> api.twitter.com has been launched and we are attempting to migrate all
> developers to use that endpoint instead of the twitter.com endpoints.
> we'll definitely keep people updated as we think these through.  of
> course, we always welcome discussion -- so please feel free to chime
> in with ideas, concerns, etc.
>

> > Any update on when a similar policy will be put into place on
> > api.twitter.com? This was promised a year and a half ago. A lot of
> > folks are asking for it, as can be seen in this thread:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_frm/th...

Raffi Krikorian

Nov 9, 2009, 12:37:40 AM11/9/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
that sounds great -- please feel free to continue this discussion on
this list, or just reach out to me personally.