Support for oauth_bridge_code via this endpoint is deprecated

bisanthe

Jun 8, 2011, 8:53:50 PM6/8/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,
When I run the following code

OAuthRequest request = new OAuthRequest(Verb.POST, "https://
api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token");
request.addBodyParameter("oauth_bridge_code", oauth_bridge_code);
service.signRequest(token, request);
Response response = request.send();

Following message appears.

<errors>
<error code="97">Support for oauth_bridge_code via this endpoint is
deprecated</error>
</errors>

Did something changed in twitter API ? It was working a couple of
weeks ago ?

kupad

Jun 9, 2011, 3:11:31 AM6/9/11
to Twitter Development Talk
I'd like to add that I'm receiving the same error. Are there any
alternatives we can use?

--phil

Felix Oldenburg

Jun 9, 2011, 9:50:20 AM6/9/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi,
I'm facing the same problem until today.

Felix Oldenburg

Jun 9, 2011, 9:39:43 AM6/9/11
to Twitter Development Talk
Hi,
I'm facing the same problem since today.

Mine was working until today, too :(.
I was just about to finish the project (took me weeks of work) and now
the bridge code conversion is broken aaarghh!

Regards, Felix.

Felix Oldenburg

Jun 9, 2011, 9:59:08 AM6/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Ah, sorry I mean since today...

Matt Harris

Jun 9, 2011, 2:52:23 PM6/9/11
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Along with the JSAPI the oauth_bridge_code was one of the unsupported
components of @anywhere. It was originally made available during the
Social App Workshop July last year but wasn't released as a supported
or production ready system.

We caution against using unsupported technologies/APIs for anything
other than your own experimentation and learning as they could stop
functioning, be turned off, or change significantly without notice. If
a method or API is not documented and you want to check if it's
suitable for production please let us know. If the method is supported
but missing from the docs we'll get it added in.

To obtain OAuth 1.0a tokens for a user you should incorporate the
OAuth web flow described in our documentation:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/auth

Best,
@themattharris