Tweet button SSL

Jordan McKible

Sep 9, 2010, 6:23:38 PM9/9/10
to Twitter Development Talk
As far as I can tell, the Tweet button javascript does not work on
https pages without warnings. Chrome in particular gives one of those
big red page warnings involving an Akamai domain. Is there a way to
use the tweet button on https pages, or is that unsupported?

John Adams

Sep 9, 2010, 6:44:45 PM9/9/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
At the moment SSL tweet buttons are unsupported.

-j

Change your membership to this group: http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk?hl=en

Matt Harris

Sep 10, 2010, 1:24:47 AM9/10/10
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Whilst the Javascript version of the Tweet Button is not support over
SSL you can use the 'build-your-own Tweet Button' technique instead.
In this situation you still create a 'Tweet' link pointing to
http://twitter.com/share with all parameters in the query string. For
example:
http://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdev.twitter.com

Then using your own Javascript open the link in a popup window,
invoked by a users click on the link.
This will allow you to provide the Tweet Button experience whilst
running your site over SSL.

There is more information on our developer resources site:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_button#build-your-own-example

Hope that helps,
Matt

--