xmpp + entire pubsub

ledil

Jan 29, 2009, 12:47:09 AM1/29/09
to Twitter Development Talk
Hello,

how to get the entire pubsub without gnip or how can I make use of
XMPP (firehouse) ?

Thx,
Ledil

Stuart

Jan 29, 2009, 8:58:39 AM1/29/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
2009/1/29 ledil <leonardo...@googlemail.com>:

> how to get the entire pubsub without gnip or how can I make use of
> XMPP (firehouse) ?

You can't at the moment. There is a new firehose solution on the way
but it's pure HTTP not XMPP.

Gnip is your best option. Might I ask what you have against using them?

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/

Alex Payne

Jan 29, 2009, 2:35:23 PM1/29/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com

Sam Sethi

Jan 29, 2009, 6:19:09 PM1/29/09
to twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com, twitter-deve...@googlegroups.com
Really annoyed that Twitter are halting Gnip from allowing new users
access their xmpp feed until Twitter api updated but no dates on
Twitter api release means we are stuck. Prefer the xmpp solution and
would like to use it asap.

Also cannot access api.wiki so cannot read the upaste on native xmpp
firehose support

Thanks in advance

Sam

W: www.twitblogs.com/ssethi