Is Twitter's JavaScript API ready for official use?

DjangoRocks

Oct 19, 2010, 11:13:23 AM10/19/10
to Twitter Anywhere Development
Hi all,
as per subject.
Is Twitter's JavaScript API found at : http://platform.twitter.com/js-api.html
ready for official use?

Best Regards.

Satscape

Oct 20, 2010, 9:41:24 AM10/20/10
to Twitter Anywhere Development
I would say its got a way to go yet, most of the functions aren't
implemented yet, last I heard, things like the tweetbox and hovercards
are go, and the main JS API functions work like homeTimeline() etc but
its still not fully working.

Cheers,
Scott

Matt Harris

Oct 21, 2010, 2:22:10 PM10/21/10
to twitter-de...@googlegroups.com
The JS-API is considered part of the internal tools of @anywhere and is not supported by Twitter. You are free to experiment with it, and build applications upon it, but know that it may change without notice at anytime. This means you accept that using it's functions in production may mean your application stops working without any notice from us.

I hope that clarifies the position of the JS-API.

---
@themattharris
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/themattharris