Deprecation Notice: pagination on several methods is being replaced with cursoring on October 26, 2009

Alex Payne

Sep 24, 2009, 8:47:35 PM9/24/09
to Twitter Development Talk, twitter-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Recently, we documented a new pagination mechanism for our "social
graph" methods, /friends/ids and /followers/ids. Traditional
page-based pagination doesn't dovetail with our recent backend
changes, and we've now exposed a cursor-based pagination mechanism
that's far more reliable.

Today, we've documented that this new pagination mechanism is also
available for the /statuses/friends and /statuses/followers methods.
With that change, we're setting a hard deprecation date for
traditional pagination on these four methods: October 26th, 2009.
That's over a month from now.

Once deprecated, we'll simply ignore the "page" parameter if it's sent
by a client, and you'll get the default number of items for the method
you're calling.

For more information, see
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-API-Documentation. Thanks.

--
Alex Payne - Platform Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x