Search API: new HTTP response codes for rate limiting starting 12/16

Wilhelm Bierbaum

Dec 3, 2009, 5:40:48 PM12/3/09
to Twitter API Announcements
In an effort to simplify our APIs, we are standardizing the response
codes returned by our various systems. Historically, the Search API
has returned 503 for rate limiting whereas the REST API has returned
400. So, we are changing the response codes sent back from the Search
API.

Starting Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 the search API will respond
with error code 400 in the event that the number of requests you have
made exceeds the quota afforded by your rate limit.

Please update your response handler accordingly.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them on twitter-
development-talk.