As planned, the new three-tier permission model is now officially in effect.
Please remember that you don't have to make any changes if your application
or service doesn't need to read or delete Direct Messages.
- Existing oauth_tokens have not (and will not) be invalidated, even if you
update your application permission level.
- Read/Write and Read tokens are now unable to read and delete Direct
Messages. If you wish to read or delete a user's Direct Messages, you need
to update your application and have your existing access tokens reauthorized
through the OAuth authorize web flow.
- All authenticated API requests return an "X-Access-Level" header, so you
can find out the current permission level of the access token you're using
(read, read-write, or read-write-directmessages).
For more information, be sure to take a look on:
- The Application Permission Model documentation page: http://t.co/elH0KY4
- The Application Permission Model FAQ: http://t.co/1Wliqg4
Thanks again for working with us on this new permission level,
Arnaud / @rno