Questions

lowlevelowl

Apr 21, 2011, 4:59:49 PM4/21/11
to Tweecode
Hey there, I recently discovered Twine and am a big fan of it, though
I come from a writing background and not a programming one, and thus
stumble around a little bit with some of the finer details. I had a
couple of basic questions, which I would vastly appreciate getting
answers to.

1. Having trouble inserting an image - where would I have to save the
file, in relation to the .tws file? I would like to ideally save them
in a separate folder accompanying the finished file. I have no problem
inserting an image with an url from the internet, it's just using a
local file that seems to be the problem.

2. How do I change the font used in the story? I would like to use
Courier or Courier New. Also, how do I change the colour of links?
Ideally I would like them to be a dark grey, something that won't
distract from the black text, but is still visible.

3. Do the Titles always have to be displayed on the finished html? I
don't like the big bold Start that always accompanies the first
passage, and the fact that the other titles always have to be exactly
the text of the link that they are derived from. Is there any way to
hide titles, or show something different than what it is actually
called in Twine?

This is all using the Jonah format by the way.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Apr 24, 2011, 12:06:38 PM4/24/11
to Tweecode
If you already have the html code for inserting an image then you just
need to make sure that the image is in the same folder that your game
is. If it is than the image should work.

To change the font you need to make a new passage, put the tag as
"stylesheet" (without the quotes), and in that passage you can use
code like "div { font-family:papyrus; }" to change the font type, or
"a { color: maroon !important } " to change the font color (again,
without the quotes). Of course you can put in your preferred font or
link color.

I'm not sure about the title thing. my only advice would be to use
Sugarcane if you don't want the reader to see the titles, but there
should be a way to get rid of them in Jonah.