Maven Repository中国镜像

Raymond Feng

Mar 6, 2009, 11:43:06 AM3/6/09
to Tuscany SCA 中文论坛
经常听到中国开源用户抱怨从Maven Repository下载太慢而且经常断线. 我为此询问了Maven项目, 以下是他们提供的信息.

修改<user_home>/.m2/settings.xml, 加入以下内容:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
    <mirror>
      <id>
redv.com</id>
      <url>
http://mirrors.redv.com/maven2</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
      <!-- China, Shanghai -->
    </mirror>

</settings>

请各位试验一下, 看是否有帮助.

谢谢,
Raymond

Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 2:44 AM
Subject: Re: Any maven repo mirrors in China?

Hi Raymond and Juven,

The page http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mirrors+Repositories lists an independently synced mirror in Shanghai. Perhaps this could do the trick?

    <mirror>
      <id>redv.com</id>
      <url>http://mirrors.redv.com/maven2</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
      <!-- China, Shanghai -->
    </mirror>

Deron

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com> wrote:
Yeah, Nexus should be a good solution for you!

Currently there's no central mirror in China, the bandwidth in China is very
expensive. And since universities here use their own "education network", we
are not able to ask for help form them.

Finding a sponsor is not a easy thing :), but we will try.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Jason van Zyl <jva...@sonatype.com> wrote:

> Juven might have a better idea, but you can definitely use Nexus to cache
> the artifacts on site so that once the artifacts were retrieved the local
> cache will be used. That will save a lot of bandwidth and time.
>
> http://nexus.sonatype.org
>

> On 3-Mar-09, at 4:02 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Do we have any maven repo mirrors in China? Our (Apache Tuscany project)
>> Chinese users always complain that their connections to repo1.maven.orgare very slow and it takes hours to run a build. Most of the time it fails
>> in the middle due to download issues.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
> Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
> actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
> is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
> looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
> you look at, the more general your framework will be.
>
>  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

- juven

日食

Mar 23, 2009, 12:45:34 PM3/23/09
to Tuscany SCA 中文论坛