Rapid Web Applications with TurboGears now available!

1 view

Kevin Dangoor

Nov 15, 2006, 7:43:00 AM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com, turbogear...@googlegroups.com
The new TurboGears book, Rapid Web Applications with TurboGears, was officially published on November 9th. I received my copies from the publisher yesterday and booksellers should start getting them in stock within the next few days. Amazon is currently listing the book as shipping within 1-3 weeks, which means that they know it's coming but it's not in their warehouse yet. Keep an eye out (and ask at your favorite bookstore). Amazon is currently selling the book at 40% off of retail, which is quite low.

Amazon link:
http://tinyurl.com/yfc9nc

Just in time for the holidays! What better stocking stuffer is there for those with large stockings and a desire to learn TurboGears? ;)

For me, even with all of the effort put in, it didn't seem real until I was holding the book... but, now I know it's real:

A big thanks to Mark who put forth some heroic efforts on this book, and to everyone else who contributed to making the book what it is.

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor
TurboGears / Zesty News

Kevin Monceaux

Nov 15, 2006, 9:26:37 AM11/15/06
to Turbo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 07:43:00AM -0500, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> Amazon is currently listing the book as shipping within 1-3 weeks, which
> means that they know it's coming but it's not in their warehouse yet. Keep
> an eye out (and ask at your favorite bookstore).

I just checked and Amazon is now showing it to be in stock!!! Why, on why,
didn't I spring for faster shipping? "Super Saver" shipping was free so I
went that route, which means I should be getting my copy sometime next week.
I can hardly wait.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX

Dianne Marsh

Nov 15, 2006, 9:42:40 AM11/15/06
to TurboGears
Congrats to both of you. I bought the rough cuts version, but will
probably buy the actual book as well, and I will be hoping that both
you and Mark will sign it.

My business partner Bill (who wrote Effective C#, and the C# Little
Black Book) says that there's something really cool about being able to
pick up a book or shrink-wrapped software and tell you kids, "Daddy did
this"!

VERY cool indeed.
Dianne (maybe you guys can both get some sleep now?)

Kevin Horn

Nov 15, 2006, 10:43:19 AM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I spoke with nerdbooks.com via email yesterday, and their order to the publisher should go out today.  They should have it in stock by next week.  They're a little cheaper than Amazon, and since they're local (Dallas, TX), I'll be able to pick it up myself and save on the shipping!

I hope to get my copy signed at PyCon in February, if you guys are amenable. :)

Congrats on a fine job!

Kevin H.

venkatbo

Nov 15, 2006, 12:43:44 PM11/15/06
to TurboGears
Ordered mine from the TG site so TG could benefit some.
Thanks to all authors for the book. Can't wait to get my copy.
/venkat

Brandon Goldfedder

Nov 15, 2006, 6:42:48 PM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com, turbogear...@googlegroups.com

All,

Yay….  Just got notice my amazon copy pre-ordered shipped today.

--Brandon

Nyenyec N

Nov 15, 2006, 9:32:31 PM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I pre-ordered on Oct 11 and just got a notice from Amazon that it's delayed.
My delivery estimate is December 6, 2006 - December 11, 2006.

I'm in the US.

:(

-- nyenyec

Mark Kawakami

Nov 15, 2006, 9:55:29 PM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I got a similar notice. It'll probably ship out soon, I'd guess, but
I just cancelled and re-ordered it today. It's already shipped, so
that's probably the best plan.

-Mark K

Mark Ramm

Nov 15, 2006, 10:32:40 PM11/15/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
On 11/15/06, Nyenyec N <nye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I pre-ordered on Oct 11 and just got a notice from Amazon that it's delayed.
> My delivery estimate is December 6, 2006 - December 11, 2006.

It looks like they may just have a glitch in their system. They have
copies in stock and should have already started shipping.

You can either do as one of the other folks on the list suggested and
cancel and reorder, or you can just wait a day or two and I'd be
willing to be that they get things right in the system and ship your
book.

--Mark Ramm

Nyenyec N

Nov 16, 2006, 10:02:57 AM11/16/06
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
You were right they shipped it today. :) Thanks!

-- nyenyec