sphinx error(s) while building TG2 docs: webob

Stefano Zacchiroli

Jul 6, 2009, 10:38:00 AM7/6/09
to turbo...@groups.google.com
While building the TG2 docs using sphinx, I stumble over the following
error:

reading sources... [ 99%] modules/thirdparty/webob
Exception occurred:
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/sphinx/ext/autodoc.py", line 920,
in add_content
[_('alias of :class:`%s`') % self.object.__name__], source='')
AttributeError: '_AnyETag' object has no attribute '__name__'
The full traceback has been saved in /tmp/sphinx-err-gCQqy3.log, if
you want to report the issue to the author.
Please also report this if it was a user error, so that a better error
message can be provided next time.
Send reports to sphin...@googlegroups.com. Thanks!
make: *** [html] Error 1

(the referenced trackback is attached)

If I get rid of the entry having the _AnyETag marker, a similar error
causes failures the line after, and so on until the end of that
webob.rst basically. I managed to build the doc only removing
webob.rst.

Is that intended and/or being fixed?

TIA,
Cheers

Dietro un grande uomo c'è ..| . |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie

sphinx-err-gCQqy3.log
signature.asc

Michael Pedersen

Jul 6, 2009, 10:51:06 AM7/6/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
Which version of Sphinx are you using? I found errors with 0.6.x that are only corrected by going to the still in development 0.6.3. You can get/install it from the Mercurial repository here: https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx-06/

Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pede...@icelus.tzo.com, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171
         Yahoo/pedermj2002, MSN/pederm...@hotmail.com

Stefano Zacchiroli

Jul 6, 2009, 11:26:03 AM7/6/09
to TurboGears
On Jul 6, 4:51 pm, Michael Pedersen <mjpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which version of Sphinx are you using? I found errors with 0.6.x that are
> only corrected by going to the still in development 0.6.3. You can
> get/install it from the Mercurial repository here:https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx-06/

I'm using 0.6.2. Even if it is fixed with 0.6.3, I'm building the doc
for the corresponding Debian package, which should be buildable with
the packaged version of sphinx, i.e., released versions. For the
moment I'll stick with my "workaround" which basically empties the
webob lines, if you have better fixes ... they are more than
welcome :-)

Jorge Vargas

Jul 7, 2009, 5:33:18 PM7/7/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com

This was a bug that was fixed during pycon and reintroduced later by a
bad merge :( From back then I know 0.6.0dev had the fix so you may
want to try with 0.6.0 or 0.6.1