SQLite threading bug fixed

Ian Bicking

Jan 22, 2006, 11:43:46 PM1/22/06
to SQLObject discussion, turbo...@googlegroups.com
After long last, the SQLite bug with threading should be fixed. Though
with :memory: databases it probably isn't safe -- there doesn't seem to
be any way to handle memory databases from multiple threads safely in
SQLite. That's too bad. This has been applied to the trunk and the
0.7-bugfix branch. I'd encourage people to try that branch and remove
any SQLite-specific hacks they might have. TG in particular has such a
hack, which involves creating new SQLObject connection objects instead
of reusing them as you would most SQLObject connections.

I hope to put out an 0.7.1 release soon. To install the stable bugfix
branch, you can do:

easy_install SQLObject==bugfix

Or check out from http://svn.colorstudy.com/SQLObject/branches/0.7-bugfix

--