[TurboGears] ImportError: No module named ez_setup

RameshVel

May 18, 2010, 7:00:35 AM5/18/10
to TurboGears
Hi,

I have been trying to install turbogears 2 as per the
installation instructions using both easy_install & pip methods. It
throws error at Extremes/setup by as ImportError: No module named
ez_setup. Below the detaild error message

Downloading Extremes-1.1.zip
Running setup.py egg_info for package Extremes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 14, in <module>
File "/home/rameshv/tg2env/build/Extremes/setup.py", line 4, in
<module>
import ez_setup
ImportError: No module named ez_setup
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 14, in <module>

File "/home/rameshv/tg2env/build/Extremes/setup.py", line 4, in
<module>

import ez_setup

ImportError: No module named ez_setup

I got stuck with this problem for last 2 days. Even i tried
installing TG2 using same install instruction in Ubuntu 9.04, Windows
vista and mint 8 helena. I got the same error in all these machines.

I am very new to TG development. And i just followed the same
instruction given in TG site. Can someone clarify me whether am i
missing something or something missed in the installation manual. It
would be very helpful.

Cheers
Ramesh Vel

Rob

May 18, 2010, 7:11:43 AM5/18/10
to TurboGears
Hi Ramesh,

I'm not sure that I'm as qualified as many to answer you but, if
you're having difficulty setting up, I strongly recommend that you see
Christopher Perkins' excellent walkthrough video which can be seen
here: http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=2870000&fromSeriesID=287

He describes the installation of setuptools / ez_install extremely
well.

Bear in mind that that (I think) with Ubuntu 9.04 you will need to "$
easy_install Extremes" before you install turbogears with:
"$ easy_install -i http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index
tg.devtools"

Hope that's of some help.

Rob

RameshVel

May 18, 2010, 6:49:43 AM5/18/10
to TurboGears

ramesh vel

May 18, 2010, 7:53:37 AM5/18/10
to turbo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Rob,

the second option you have specified also throws the same error. But
i ll try with the Christopher Perkins walkthrough and let you know.

Cheers
Ramesh Vel

Michael Pedersen

May 19, 2010, 1:24:32 PM5/19/10
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
With Ubuntu 9.04, and TG 2.0.x, you must install Extremes separately. The version of Python that ships with Ubuntu 9.04+ is incompatible with the version of Extremes that is currently in our index. As such, the proper method (including all of the virtualenv steps):

virtualenv --no-site-packages virtenvname
source virtenvname/bin/activate
easy_install Extremes
easy_install -i http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/ tg.devtools
paster quickstart projectname
cd projectname
python setup.py -i http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/
paster setup-app development.ini
paster serve development.ini
Michael J. Pedersen
My IM IDs: Jabber/pede...@icelus.tzo.com, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171
         Yahoo/pedermj2002, MSN/pederm...@hotmail.com

casibbald

May 20, 2010, 6:43:26 AM5/20/10
to TurboGears
Hi,

Download the following into your virtualenv/bin dir

http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py

Then proceed as before.

On May 19, 6:24 pm, Michael Pedersen <m.peder...@icelus.org> wrote:
> With Ubuntu 9.04, and TG 2.0.x, you must install Extremes separately. The
> version of Python that ships with Ubuntu 9.04+ is incompatible with the
> version of Extremes that is currently in our index. As such, the proper
> method (including all of the virtualenv steps):
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
> virtualenv --no-site-packages virtenvname
> source virtenvname/bin/activate
> easy_install Extremes
> easy_install -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/tg.devtools
> paster quickstart projectname
> cd projectname
> python setup.py -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/
> paster setup-app development.ini
> paster serve development.ini
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
>
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM, ramesh vel <ramesh...@live.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Rob,
>
> >       the second option you have specified also throws the same error. But
> > i ll try with the Christopher Perkins walkthrough and let you know.
>
> > Cheers
> > Ramesh Vel
>
> > Rob-258 wrote:
>
> > > Hi Ramesh,
>
> > > I'm not sure that I'm as qualified as many to answer you but, if
> > > you're having difficulty setting up, I strongly recommend that you see
> > > Christopher Perkins' excellent walkthrough video which can be seen
> > > here:
> > >http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=2870000&fromSeriesID=287
>
> > > He describes the installation of setuptools / ez_install extremely
> > > well.
>
> > > Bear in mind that that (I think) with Ubuntu 9.04 you will need to "$
> > > easy_install Extremes" before you install turbogears with:
> > > "$ easy_install -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index
> > .
>
> > > --
>
> > --
>
> --
> Michael J. Pedersen
> My IM IDs: Jabber/peder...@icelus.tzo.com, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171
>          Yahoo/pedermj2002, MSN/pedermj022...@hotmail.com

mark.mch...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2010, 1:42:14 PM6/4/10
to TurboGears
Do we need to update exteemes in our index?

On May 19, 1:24 pm, Michael Pedersen <m.peder...@icelus.org> wrote:
> With Ubuntu 9.04, and TG 2.0.x, you must install Extremes separately. The
> version of Python that ships with Ubuntu 9.04+ is incompatible with the
> version of Extremes that is currently in our index. As such, the proper
> method (including all of the virtualenv steps):
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
> virtualenv --no-site-packages virtenvname
> source virtenvname/bin/activate
> easy_install Extremes
> easy_install -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/tg.devtools
> paster quickstart projectname
> cd projectname
> python setup.py -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index/
> paster setup-app development.ini
> paster serve development.ini
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
>

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM, ramesh vel <ramesh...@live.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Rob,
>
> >       the second option you have specified also throws the same error. But
> > i ll try with the Christopher Perkins walkthrough and let you know.
>
> > Cheers
> > Ramesh Vel
>
> > Rob-258 wrote:
>
> > > Hi Ramesh,
>
> > > I'm not sure that I'm as qualified as many to answer you but, if
> > > you're having difficulty setting up, I strongly recommend that you see
> > > Christopher Perkins' excellent walkthrough video which can be seen
> > > here:
> > >http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/video?name=2870000&fromSeriesID=287
>
> > > He describes the installation of setuptools / ez_install extremely
> > > well.
>
> > > Bear in mind that that (I think) with Ubuntu 9.04 you will need to "$
> > > easy_install Extremes" before you install turbogears with:
> > > "$ easy_install -ihttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/current/index
> > .
>
> > > --
>
> > --
>
> --
> Michael J. Pedersen
> My IM IDs: Jabber/peder...@icelus.tzo.com, ICQ/103345809, AIM/pedermj022171
>          Yahoo/pedermj2002, MSN/pedermj022...@hotmail.com

Michael Pedersen

Jun 4, 2010, 3:04:57 PM6/4/10
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 1:42 PM, mark.mch...@gmail.com <mark.mch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do we need to update exteemes in our index?

I've been under the impression that a 2.0.4 release would be happening soon. That release, then, would get the new version of Extremes, and the problem would vanish.

--
Michael J. Pedersen