exception object in ErrorController

Dave Marsh

Jun 11, 2009, 10:46:47 AM6/11/09
to TurboGears
Hi all,

I'm using Turbogears 2 and I'm trying to configure my
ErrorController to be a little more helpful to my users about exactly
what went wrong. Part of this requires access to the exception so
that I can log it and tell the user what is being done about it.

So far, I have been unable to figure out how to actually obtain
the exception that caused the error in the first place. I've been
searching through the turbogears and pylons google groups as well as
the documentation on the turbogears website but haven't been able to
find anything.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Alessandro Molina

Aug 8, 2009, 4:13:01 AM8/8/09
to TurboGears
Hi,
I was trying to do the same thing.

Actually I couldn't find a way to get the exception object itself, but
I found a way to retrieve its data.

I wrote a blog post about this as currently it seems to be a problem
without an "official solution",
the way I have found isn't perfect and it would be better to be able
to retrieve the object itself.

Anyway, here is my post about how I did it: http://blog.axant.it/archives/165

If anyone has been able to find a better solution let me know :D

On 11 Giu, 16:46, Dave Marsh <david.d.ma...@huskymail.uconn.edu>