Flash Widget

working_ant

Aug 21, 2009, 12:05:45 PM8/21/09
to TurboGears
Greetings everyone,

As I am trying to make my site capable of playing locally stored flv
movies
I found a document describing how to do it with TG1
(http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/RoughDocs/WidgetRecipes#id2)

My application is based on TurboGears 2.0 and I wanted to use the
recipe -
is there an updated version of recipe anywhere?

If there isn't, can anyone point me to an alternative approach towards
serving locally hosted flv files and their playback in TG2.

All help appreciated,

Best,

alexbod...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2009, 5:31:05 AM8/23/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
hi ant,

i wasn't aware of the widgets you mentioned, so i rolled my own generic wrapper around an object html tag.

if interested, download tw.output at http://resheteva.org.il/packages/ and give it a try. you have to specify all parameters for your specific object, but you are not limited to flash.

though i never tried it, it can't be far from correct.

good luck

alex

alex

Jorge Vargas

Aug 23, 2009, 12:37:54 PM8/23/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM, working_ant<osgi...@o2.pl> wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> As I am trying to make my site capable of playing locally stored flv
> movies
> I found a document describing how to do it with TG1
> (http://docs.turbogears.org/1.0/RoughDocs/WidgetRecipes#id2)
>
> My application is based on TurboGears 2.0 and I wanted to use the
> recipe -
> is there an updated version of recipe anywhere?

Did you try the generic widget? the difference from TG1 and TG2 is
that in 2 widgets are a separate package, so all you need to do is
import from toscawidgets (or tw.forms) and things should work. It will
be nice to repackage that as a tw. If I ever need flash I'll do that
:)