Kid & HTML Entities

Matthew Bevan

Nov 4, 2005, 1:29:51 PM11/4/05
to TurboGears
Howdy!

For those of us who use HTML entities a lot (arrows, brackets, quotes,
dashes, and spaces most notably) I've bookmarked the following.

http://bclary.com/2004/11/25/html-entities

It's a list of standard ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) entities with their HTML
name and number. To use the number, change the following line in your
dev.cfg or prod.cfg:

> [global]
> # VIEW
> kid.encoding="iso-8859-1"

You can change back to UTF-8 (which I personally prefer) when Kid's
support for HTML entities hits the shelves.

Have a day!
Matthew Bevan

Kevin Dangoor

Nov 4, 2005, 2:00:08 PM11/4/05
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
This looks like a good reference for the unicode character codes (and
it also covers some of the latin-1 characters):
http://www.pemberley.com/janeinfo/latin1.html

Kevin
--
Kevin Dangoor
Author of the Zesty News RSS newsreader

email: k...@blazingthings.com
company: http://www.BlazingThings.com
blog: http://www.BlueSkyOnMars.com

David Guaraglia

Nov 4, 2005, 3:18:06 PM11/4/05
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
In fact, maybe the easiest way to see the entities is just do an "import
htmlentitydefs" in python and then "htmlentitydefs.entitydefs". Almost
nobody knows this import (I must admit I didn't know it myself until
someone at #4suite pointed me to it... or was it Brian Mahoney?)

David

B Mahoney

Nov 4, 2005, 6:52:25 PM11/4/05
to TurboGears
David, that was me. Once a person realizes how useful that
module is, they want to tell everyone (right?)