List of Quickstarted files that are save to remove

1 view

Jorge Vargas

Aug 22, 2009, 4:04:28 PM8/22/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
From time to time people on IRC ask what is safe to get rid of without
breaking TG, and they are right for a new guy you don't want to screw
up your system.

Today I was starting a new project and I decide to document my regular
cleanup. Of course the ML is not a permanent place for this but
neither is docs so I'm not sure (suggestions are welcome).

files save to remove
--------------------
templates/about.html
templates/authentication.html
controllers/secure.py
public/css/style.css
public/images/* (under_the_hood_blue.png will be nice to keep :)

content save to remove
----------------------
templates/footer.html
templates/header.html
templates/index.html
templates/master.html (except tg.flash and last div)
templates/sidebars.html

parts save to remove
---------------------
controllers/root.py
- about
- auth
- manage_permission_only
- editor_user_only
- secc = SecureController()
websetup.py
- manager,group,permission and editor objects (or at least edit them)

Jorge Vargas

Aug 22, 2009, 4:43:11 PM8/22/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Jorge Vargas<jorge....@gmail.com> wrote:
> From time to time people on IRC ask what is safe to get rid of without
> breaking TG, and they are right for a new guy you don't want to screw
> up your system.
>
> Today I was starting a new project and I decide to document my regular
> cleanup. Of course the ML is not a permanent place for this but
> neither is docs so I'm not sure (suggestions are welcome).
>
> files save to remove
> --------------------
> templates/about.html
> templates/authentication.html
> controllers/secure.py
> public/css/style.css
> public/images/* (under_the_hood_blue.png will be nice to keep :)

I little correction you should probably want to keep or replace with
your own the following images
error.png info.png ok.png star.png under_the_hood_blue.png warning.png

Carlos Ribeiro

Aug 23, 2009, 6:44:51 AM8/23/09
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 17:04, Jorge Vargas <jorge....@gmail.com> wrote:
Today I was starting a new project and I decide to document my regular
cleanup. Of course the ML is not a permanent place for this but
neither is docs so I'm not sure (suggestions are welcome).

On my own projects I put these kinds of notices on the README file. Well, nobody really reads README files :-) But perhaps a file named INSTALL or NOTES would get read more often.

Another option is to include a cleanup script (or tgadmin command) in the base distribution. There are good reasons to ship the distribution with all files included (people will know where to put things), but also will have a easy time cleaning the distribution if they really know what they are doing.

files save to remove
content save to remove
parts save to remove

Sorry to to complain about a typo but when you say "save to remove" I assume you meant to say "saFe to remove".

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos