Some comments on http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html

Jorge Vargas

Feb 18, 2009, 11:05:59 PM2/18/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Why is this called 'translations'
http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?highlight=admin#utilizing-translations-from-repoze-what
it collides with the i18n meaning of the word, this are actually
transformations or hints, but not translations

The code here seems outdated
http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?highlight=admin#overriding-a-form

AddFormBase -> AddRecordForm
Registration_form -> RegistrationForm

using the registration example works but when logging in we get
http://tgext.maetico.com/?None=0

yet in some odd way it seems the user gets authenticated. Given this
line from the logs
20:56:23,896 INFO [auth] userid preauthenticated by
<AuthTktCookiePlugin 179456908>: "test" (repoze.who.userid set)

The password field is not explicit which means it's currently clear
text, if set to a password widget it gives another error :)

http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?highlight=admin#securing-your-admin
if this is only true for TGAdminConfig we should say so.

also delete from repoze.what.predicates import in_group

also it seems that auth is broken

percious

Feb 20, 2009, 2:02:07 PM2/20/09
to TurboGears Docs
I realize the collisions, but translations is what the variable is
called in repoze.who, so I ran with it.

The registration form has a weird password field thing going on that I
have to take a look into.

cheers.
-chris

On Feb 18, 9:05 pm, Jorge Vargas <jorge.var...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is this called 'translations'http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?h...
> it collides with the i18n meaning of the word, this are actually
> transformations or hints, but not translations
>
> The code here seems outdatedhttp://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?h...
>
> AddFormBase -> AddRecordForm
> Registration_form -> RegistrationForm
>
> using the registration example works but when logging in we gethttp://tgext.maetico.com/?None=0
>
> yet in some odd way it seems the user gets authenticated. Given this
> line from the logs
> 20:56:23,896 INFO  [auth] userid preauthenticated by
> <AuthTktCookiePlugin 179456908>: "test" (repoze.who.userid set)
>
> The password field is not explicit which means it's currently clear
> text, if set to a password widget it gives another error :)
>
> http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/docs/main/Extensions/Admin/index.html?h...

Jorge Vargas

Feb 28, 2009, 1:12:59 PM2/28/09
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
Commited most of this in r6450.

We still need to look into the password thing.