Ubuntu Fiesty :: OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

pickles

Sep 25, 2007, 8:27:28 AM9/25/07
to TurboGears Docs
Hi all,

I have seen this error and spent a bit of time finding the solution.
It is basically due to the version of the python-dispatch module
installed with Ubuntu. Just remove it and install the appropriate
version of RuleDispatch from here http://www.turbogears.org/download/filelist.html.

1) sudo apt-get remove
2) wget http://files.turbogears.org/eggs/RuleDispatch-0.5a0.dev_r2306-py2.5-linux-i686.egg
(whatever distro you're on)
3) sudo easy_install RuleDispatch-0.5a0.dev_r2306-py2.5-linux-i686.egg

It should now work.

Also to get rid of the sre deprication warning, do the following:
sudo easy_install -UZ simplejson
I am now running v 1.7.1

Hope this helps

Christopher Arndt

Sep 25, 2007, 1:23:54 PM9/25/07
to turboge...@googlegroups.com
pickles schrieb:

> I have seen this error and spent a bit of time finding the solution.
> It is basically due to the version of the python-dispatch module
> installed with Ubuntu. Just remove it and install the appropriate
> version of RuleDispatch

> [...]

> Also to get rid of the sre deprication warning, do the following:
> sudo easy_install -UZ simplejson

> Hope this helps

Sure it does. Thanks for figuring this out!

I (or another wiki editor) will update the InstallUbuntu page soon.

Chris