Agreement signed with Prentice Hall to publish a TurboGears book!

Kevin Dangoor

Dec 19, 2005, 3:55:00 PM12/19/05
to turbogear...@googlegroups.com, turbo...@googlegroups.com, Taub, Mark
After a month of discussions with two different publishers (both of
which sounded quite excited about the project), Mark Ramm and I have
agreed to write a TurboGears book for Prentice Hall. Prentice Hall is
the largest technical publisher in the world and will provide
excellent marketing and distribution support for the book. The
worldwide reach is important, as TurboGears has many users outside of
the US.

We're working with Mark Taub, who has experience publishing books for
other open source projects. Mark also worked with Bruce Perens on
Bruce's series of books at Prentice Hall.

We're grateful for the positive reviews and useful input our proposal
received from some notable names in the Python world. This project is
going to be a lot of fun, and we can't wait to get it out there.
(Please wait a few months for delivery :)

Kevin

--
Kevin Dangoor
Author of the Zesty News RSS newsreader

email: k...@blazingthings.com
company: http://www.BlazingThings.com
blog: http://www.BlueSkyOnMars.com

Mark Ramm

Dec 19, 2005, 4:16:17 PM12/19/05
to turbo...@googlegroups.com, turbogear...@googlegroups.com, Taub, Mark
On 12/19/05, Kevin Dangoor <dan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After a month of discussions with two different publishers (both of
> which sounded quite excited about the project), Mark Ramm and I have
> agreed to write a TurboGears book for Prentice Hall.

<Snip>

> (Please wait a few months for delivery :)

Actually there are a couple of ways that you can get involved sooner
than that! ;)

I plan to test out a lot of the material for the book with a class
physically located in Ann Arbor, but available to others on the
Internet "somehow."

I'm also going to try to put together a series of monthly "code-walk
through" screencasts to highlight open-source TurboGears projects from
the community. I am convinced that one of the keys to a framework's
success is the ability to help developers get up to speed quickly.
People have a lot of choices, and the one that makes learning to do
cool new things easiest is going to win a lot of hearts and minds!

If you have ideas or experience running an "Internet available" class,
or want to participate in the class, please let me know. As soon as
more details are available, I will post them to the list, and on my
blog (http://compoundthinking.blogspot.com)