same .tblk package with other keys

mace

Dec 10, 2010, 5:09:39 PM12/10/10
to tunnelblick-discuss
hi
i've installed an .tblk and later installed the same .tblk with new
keys
now i get the name conflict message.
is there any way to completly replace the package?
set CFBundleIdentifier to force or yes dosent help

thanks
mace

Jonathan K. Bullard

Dec 10, 2010, 5:33:08 PM12/10/10
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
What is the exact message you get? There are a couple of them. To force replacement, in the new .tblk:
set CFBundleIdentifier to be the same unique string as in the first .tblk (that's how it knows it is "the same" configuration)
set TBReplaceIdentical to be "force" (without the quotation marks)

Do I understand you correctly:
  • You installed a .tblk by double-clicking it or dragging it onto Tunnelblick.app.
  • You later installed (again, by double-clicking it) a .tblk with the same CFBundleIdentifier, but with different keys. It did not replace the original .tblk, or ask you if you wanted to replace the existing one, it added it as a second .tblk, and is now complaining about a conflict.
I'll look into this -- maybe there's a bug.

In the meantime, you can delete the one you don't want manually by dragging it to the Trash.

If it is shared, it is located in
/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Shared

If it is private, it is located in
/Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations

If it is Deployed, it is located in
/Applications/Tunnelblick.app/Contents/Resources/Deployed
(Assuming /Applications is where you keep Tunnelblick)

mace

Dec 11, 2010, 5:01:42 AM12/11/10
to tunnelblick-discuss
hi, thanks for reply.

ive installed the tblk's same as you described
my Info.plist is identical in both Packages or the new one has a
higher CFBundleVersion

i get the following message:
Name in Use
The VPN Name 'SuperVPN mace' is already in use.
Please enter a new Name

btw. it took me hours, that TBPackageVersion must be 1 ...

On 10 Dez., 23:33, "Jonathan K. Bullard" <jkbull...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:09 PM, mace <google....@drhaehnel.de> wrote:
> > hi
> > i've installed an .tblk and later installed the same .tblk with new keys
>
> now i get the name conflict message.
>
> > is there any way to completly replace the package?
> > set CFBundleIdentifier to force or yes dosent help
>
> What is the exact message you get? There are a couple of them. To force
> replacement, in the new .tblk:
> set *CFBundleIdentifier* to be the same unique string as in the first .tblk
> (that's how it knows it is "the same" configuration)
> set *TBReplaceIdentical* to be "force" (without the quotation marks)
>
> Do I understand you correctly:
>
>    - You installed a .tblk by double-clicking it or dragging it onto
>    Tunnelblick.app.
>    - You later installed (again, by double-clicking it) a .tblk with the

Jonathan K. Bullard

Dec 11, 2010, 6:29:38 AM12/11/10
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
In testing, I found a bug -- if the CFBundleIdentifier has any upper-case letters it won't match itself. Even the example given in the documentation doesn't work! Could that be the problem?

Otherwise, I can't get this to happen with my testing. Could you attach the two Info.plist files to a reply? That way I can test with your data -- probably the fastest way to get to the bottom of this.

.tblks are not a "new" feature, in that they have been implemented for more than for six months. But I have no idea how much testing has been done in that time.

mace

Dec 11, 2010, 6:57:12 AM12/11/10
to tunnelblick-discuss
ah that was the problem.
i had uppercase letters

thanks :)
> > tunnelblick-dis...@googlegroups.com<tunnelblick-discuss%2Bunsu bsc...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

Jonathan K. Bullard

Dec 11, 2010, 6:58:50 AM12/11/10
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the bug, and that you spent so much time on this. It will be fixed in the upcoming 3.1.1 release.

jkbull...gmail.com

Dec 18, 2010, 2:42:22 PM12/18/10
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
This is fixed in Tunnelblick 3.1.1, which was just released.