Where can I find detailed TTS documentation?

ae

Mar 2, 2011, 1:52:47 PM3/2/11
to TTS-for-Android
So far, the only resources I found on TTS for Android are the
following references:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/tts/TextToSpeech.Engine.html

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/tts/TextToSpeech.html

These are great as references, but I am really looking to understand
more about the architecture of the TTS service (currently part of
Android 2), the inter-connections between the various components and
additional details that can help me some of the LogCat messages issue
by TtsService.

Where can I find additional TTS documentation that can help me
understand the above?

Thanks.

Fergus Henderson

Mar 14, 2011, 10:02:30 AM3/14/11
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com

Use the source, Luke!

The TTS plug-in API is not an officially supported API and the details are likely to change in future Android platform releases.
(Although obviously we would not want to break backwards binary compatibility if at all possible.)
The source code is the best place to look for the details of the current system.

There are some open-source TTS plug-in engines you can look at too: one (and some docs) in the eyes-free project and also Flite.