tts in arabic

super_desa

Jul 22, 2010, 4:24:58 AM7/22/10
to TTS-for-Android
Hello everybody, I want to create a tts in arabic application for
android, but i don't know if it's possible, did the library of arabic
exist in android, please somebody answer me

Johan Wouters

Jul 22, 2010, 7:12:59 AM7/22/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
SVOX is offering an Arabic TTS voice that runs with the SVOX Classic
Engine. Search for SVOX in Android Market. Note: currently only on
Android 2.0 and 2.1.

Johan

Johan Wouters

Jul 26, 2010, 4:55:23 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
Sure, that's the idea. Your application should support the Android
TTS API. Then in the Android Settings menu you can select SVOX
Classic as your TTS engine and select the Arabic voice as the default.

Johan

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Mouhcine MADKOUR
<mouhcine...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you Johan
> another question : can i include this application to speak the output text
> of another application?
> thank you
>
> 2010/7/22 Johan Wouters <johan.m...@gmail.com>

> --
> Mouhcine MADKOUR

Mouhcine MADKOUR

Jul 26, 2010, 8:37:42 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com

Hello Johan,
I thank you for your response, Because I develop an application for speaking output text of another application I wanna know if it's possible to test SVOX in eclipse with Android SDK installed,
whatever the  language, before I buy it.I can’t find Text-to-Speech Engine or free Text-To-Speech Extended app,

Thank you.

Classic even with another free language than arabic

2010/7/26 Johan Wouters <johan.m...@gmail.com>

--
Mouhcine MADKOUR

Dominic Mazzoni

Jul 26, 2010, 8:53:13 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
You can download TTS Extended here (tts_3.0_rc05.apk):

  http://code.google.com/p/eyes-free/downloads/list

You can test Pico in English and a few other languages (not Arabic) in the Android emulator with Eclipse. You don't need to install any special software to do this, it comes as part of the Android SDK.

- Dominic

Mouhcine MADKOUR

Jul 26, 2010, 11:19:18 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
thank you Mazzoni
I can't find the pico directory for development in eclipse please if you have a link to it

2010/7/26 Dominic Mazzoni <dmaz...@google.com>

--
Mouhcine MADKOUR

Dominic Mazzoni

Jul 26, 2010, 11:24:17 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
There is no directory. Start the emulator, click on:

Android 1.6: Menu -> Settings -> Speech Synthesis -> Listen to an example
or
Android 2.0: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings -> Listen to an example

- Dominic

Mouhcine MADKOUR

Jul 26, 2010, 11:39:18 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
yes thank you i see know
i also install the pico engine in french, it's a acceptable quality of speaking, how i can find the library of arabic and add it to the list of pico languages's.
thank you

2010/7/26 Dominic Mazzoni <dmaz...@google.com>

--
Mouhcine MADKOUR

Dominic Mazzoni

Jul 26, 2010, 11:46:00 AM7/26/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it's possible to download Arabic without an Android phone and the Android market. The Arabic TTS costs $1.99 and it's protected, you can't download it any other way that I know.

Until you get a phone you may have to trust that Arabic will work the same way as Pico in other languages. If you're wondering about the quality you can listen to a demo on the svox website: http://www.svox.com/Demos.aspx

- Dominic

Mouhcine MADKOUR

Jul 27, 2010, 9:24:52 AM7/27/10
to tts-for...@googlegroups.com
hello
I can listen to my text by Classic Text To Speech Engin installed into the mobile,Now if somebody have an idea about how to let it automatically read an output text of an appilcation when it is executed
Thank you.