Exotic Modulation Surveillance Devices

High Frequency

Dec 13, 2011, 6:24:53 AM12/13/11
to tscm-...@googlegroups.com
All

For the past several months I have been diligently, and with Law Enforcement approval, researching several 'exotic modulation' audio surveillance devices that have been seen in Europe and are now in North America. The devices included high quality Ultrasonic, inductive and light modulated listening devices. Some of the results were stunning, and the standard sweep tools most of us buy in North America simply can't detect them. For example, there is one modified LED bulb that will send audio over 300 meters, a nasty ultrasonic audio implant that sends room audio via fortuitous audio pathways, and a kit that allows the attacker to modify any color LED light found in a common appliance and turn it into an audio transmitter. The last and most important device for those of us who work with high threat levels is the inductive device. It literally goes through anything and it is very scary. Qualified sweepers can view these new and significant devices at www.waypointcs.ca in the government and LEO restricted area.

Sent from my iPad

Sampo Syreeni

Dec 17, 2011, 10:55:00 AM12/17/11
to tscm-...@googlegroups.com
On 2011-12-13, High Frequency wrote:

> The devices included high quality Ultrasonic, inductive and light
> modulated listening devices. Some of the results were stunning, and
> the standard sweep tools most of us buy in North America simply can't
> detect them.

At least to me that suggests the need for some general detection
techniques which are independent of the modulation used. Specialized
hardware for cross-correlations over many signals which are agnostic to
the type of signal being fed in come to mind. With something like that
and multimodal sensors it would be possible to passively correlate
whatever is being spoken in a room against variations in <whatever>, and
I'm reasonably sure at least the above transmission modalities would
succumb. I wonder if anybody already makes such hardware?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2

Joe CIASTROBE

Feb 18, 2014, 6:41:48 PM2/18/14
to tscm-...@googlegroups.com

I can tell you from personal experience that the CIA loves to put cameras inside LEDs, they do it inside your smoke detectors, inside your oven, washing machine, inside the power on LED of your laptop, light switches that have LED indicators, anywhere you have an LED and they want a camera they will put it in there, they don't care about warrants because no one is watching them and who will ever find out, they can just cover it up in the event it is discovered by using a technique called strobing.

@CIAstrobe
CIAstrobe.com