tryton-dev script

Cédric Krier

Nov 20, 2008, 5:53:45 PM11/20/08
to tryton
Hi,

I wrote a little script to extract tryton (server, client) and all
modules from one branch in oneshot.
The script is stored here:

http://www.b2ck.com/~ced/tryton-dev.sh

It takes two args:

-d directory: for the directory where to extract the repositories
-b branch: to specify which branch (like 1.0) to extract, if not set it
will take the developement.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Hartmut Goebel

Nov 21, 2008, 3:52:44 AM11/21/08
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier schrieb:

> http://www.b2ck.com/~ced/tryton-dev.sh

Wow, this is good!

Some remarks:
- does not handle current diractory
- errors if exists
- should be renamed into something like "tryton-cloner.sh", since it
does not only only handle development and used 'hg clone'
- should add support for hg-forest

Okay, I'll stop the which list for now ;-)

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Hartmut Goebel

Nov 21, 2008, 3:54:30 AM11/21/08
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hartmut Goebel schrieb:

> - errors if exists

Should have been "if directory exists", but I overlooked a line, so this
is not a problem.

Dan Horák

Nov 21, 2008, 4:07:19 AM11/21/08
to try...@googlegroups.com

Hartmut Goebel píše v Pá 21. 11. 2008 v 09:52 +0100:

> Cédric Krier schrieb:
>
> > http://www.b2ck.com/~ced/tryton-dev.sh
>
> Wow, this is good!
>
> Some remarks:
> - does not handle current diractory
> - errors if exists
> - should be renamed into something like "tryton-cloner.sh", since it
> does not only only handle development and used 'hg clone'

it could be modified to do clone or pull+update :-)

> - should add support for hg-forest
>
> Okay, I'll stop the which list for now ;-)

Yes, it is really useful, but I have modified it to clone only the
modules when "-m" is passed on the command line, see the attached patch.

Dan

tryton-dev.sh.diff

Hartmut Goebel

Nov 21, 2008, 4:24:22 AM11/21/08
to try...@googlegroups.com
Dan Horák schrieb:

> Hartmut Goebel píše v Pá 21. 11. 2008 v 09:52 +0100:

>> - does not handle current diractory

>> - should be renamed into something like "tryton-cloner.sh", since it
>> does not only only handle development and used 'hg clone'
>

> Yes, it is really useful, but I have modified it to clone only the
> modules when "-m" is passed on the command line, see the attached patch.

Enclosed please find a version including my suggestions, Dan's '-m' and
some ugly-code-removal ;-)

Still missing: pull+update
But the later can easily added by using the forest extension.

tryton-cloner.sh

Cédric Krier

Nov 21, 2008, 4:42:21 AM11/21/08
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 21/11/08 10:24 +0100, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Dan Horák schrieb:
>> Hartmut Goebel píše v Pá 21. 11. 2008 v 09:52 +0100:
>
>>> - does not handle current diractory
>>> - should be renamed into something like "tryton-cloner.sh", since it
>>> does not only only handle development and used 'hg clone'
>> Yes, it is really useful, but I have modified it to clone only the
>> modules when "-m" is passed on the command line, see the attached patch.
>
> Enclosed please find a version including my suggestions, Dan's '-m' and
> some ugly-code-removal ;-)
>
> Still missing: pull+update
> But the later can easily added by using the forest extension.

Ok, I put a new version with your suggestions.
I added a -u option to update all the repositories and I add also
hgforest.