Presentation of rounded taxes in invoices

udono

Jun 13, 2009, 8:15:08 AM6/13/09
to Tryton
Hi,
Tryton seems to have some problems with the presentation of rounded
taxes in invoices. Please check!

1. Usecase Tryton
-----------------
To see the issue you need to create two taxes:
7% VAT
19% VAT
and an invoice with the two lines:
5 x 5,88 = 29,40 with tax 7% VAT
5 x 7,47 = 37,35 with tax 19% VAT

You get the following amounts in Tryton:
66,75 net amount
9,15 Taxes
75,90 total amount

So far, so good.

The both taxes are calculated as:
2,06 Tax 7% VAT
7,10 Tax 19% VAT

When suming up the both taxes, you get 9,16 Taxes which differs from
9,15 Tryton shows. Even more worse is, that when creating a paper
invoice with explicite taxes shown, there is the problem that it shows
up a wrong addition:
Net: 66,75
Tax1 2,06
Tax2 7,10
-----------
Brut 75,90

But Brut is in this calculation 75,91! So the customer still thinks
you
or your computer can not calculate correctly ;-)

2. Usecase another software
---------------------------
Another software go another way which is even wrong. Sorry, I don't
know
which software it is, because I just got an invoice paper.

66,75 net amount
9,16 Taxes
75,91 total amount

The both taxes are:
2,06 with 7%VAT
7,10 with 19% VAT

They round the taxes and calculate the total amount with the rounded
values. Their rounding is preserving the total sum. But this
implementation has the problem that it sums up rounded amounts and
with
this they sums up the rounding error. So this solution produces total
amounts which differs from the correctly total amount.

3. Manual calculation
---------------------
Manual calculation with the exact values bring this:
5 x 5,8800 = 29,4000 with tax 7% VAT
5 x 7,4700 = 37,3500 with tax 19% VAT

Sums to 66,7500 net amount
29,4000 x 7 / 100 = 2,0580 Tax 7% VAT
37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT

But here the manual calculation stops at first, because I'am missing a
rule how to calculate the total amount which preserve the sum.

4. What seems the problem and what seems not the problem
The general rounding procedure in Tryton seems correct, as we use the
Round-Half-Up (Asymmetric Implementation) [1]. The total amount of
tryton seems correct too, because it is rounded at the end of the
calculation. All sums before where builded with all significant digits
of fractional parts. But the single values of the rounding doesn't fit
to the total amount.

In [2] is mentioned that the multiplication of rounded amounts can not
generally created by one rule like the addition of rounded amounts. In
calculating the single VAT amount Tryton multiplies the net line
amount
with the taxes divided by 100. Net line amount can have many digits
(see
the prices on product in Tryton) so we multiply in fact two fractional
numbers. As far as I understand the problem, the general use of our
rounding method Round-Half-Up leads to the problem of the not
preserved
sums mentioned in [3].

5. Possible Solutions
---------------------
There are some good and bad solutions around and all needed to change
the representation or better say adjust of one or some of the rounded
amounts to fit into the total sum. Generally the rounding error I
calculate this way:
unrounded_amount - rounded_amount

Solution 1: For each line add the last rounding error to the actual
amount, then round.

Example 1.1
37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT
Rounded to 7,10 with a rounding error of -0,0035

29,4000 x 7 / 100 = 2,0580 Tax 7% VAT
Adding the last rounding error:
2,058 + (-0,0035) = 2,0545
Rounded to 2,05

Looks good, it sums up to 9,15 Tax amounts and fits to the sum of
Trytons total amount. So why is it a bad solution?

This solution creates the adjustment never on the first tax, because
the
first tax has no last rounding error. So everytime the second or
following taxes are adjusted only.

Example 1.2
29,4000 x 7 / 100 = 2,0580 Tax 7% VAT
Rounded to 2,06 with a rounding error of -0,002

37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT
Adding the last rounding error:
7,0965 + (-0,002) = 7,0945
Rounded to 7,09

See [4] for further information (sorry its only in German language).
The
way mentioned in [5] is misleading too, because of the same reasons.

Solution 2: Add the aritmetic average of the total rounding errors to
each amount to be round.

Example 2
37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT to be rounded to 7,10 with a
rounding error of -0,0035
29,4000 x 7 / 100 = 2,0580 Tax 7% VAT to be rounded to 2,06 with a
rounding error of -0,002

The arithmetic average of the rounding error is:

(-0,0035 + -0,002) / 2 = -0,00275
(be aware: the addition needs to be not null)

Add arithmetic average to the first amount
7,0965 + -0,00275 = 7,09375
Rounded to 7,09.

Add arithmetic average to the other amount
2,058 + -0,00275 = 2,05525
Rounded to 2,06.

With this we have a solution for the problem of the dependency which
tax
is calculated first and we have a solution for the problem, that the
parts of the sum (7,09 plus 2,06) needed to equal the total amunt of
the
un-rounded parts (9,15).
This solution seems to be better then the last one. There could be
some
adjustments on the weight of the rounding error, because the rounding
with the biggest error get the same adjustment then the rounding with
the smallest error. But for me a linear solution like above seems
enough. Or not?

Another problem is, that I cannot find a better reference to the
solution then mentioned in [4]. So there could be general problems at
all or in bordering cases. Please check!

Solution 3: <Your solution here>

6. Sources
----------
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding
[2] http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%
2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Foh%2Fcmulliss%
2Frraddsub.pdf&ei=vZcySrHfK9KPsAb8kcXHCQ&usg=AFQjCNH1gsrR-
LSIc4MY7nlDJSALECJPMw&sig2=7_Jjw40lbe8nMdzUlxhm3w
[3] http://www2.cs.cas.cz/~sima/trp.ps
[4] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rundung#Summenerhaltendes_Runden
[5] http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg031605-story01.html

Cédric Krier

Jun 14, 2009, 7:08:10 AM6/14/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Here is my proposition to fix the issue:

http://codereview.appspot.com/74052

It is a patch that adds rounding on amount of each tax lines of the invoice.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

udo

Jun 15, 2009, 2:21:20 AM6/15/09
to Tryton
Ced, thanks for the patch.
referring to: http://codereview.appspot.com/74052

This patch provides the solution I mentioned in the second usecase,
which is wrong too, AFAIK.

Here you do the rounding before the end of calculation, which is not
right AFAIK. When calculating with different precisions you need to
preserve all significant decimal places in the calculation and round
one time in the end of calculation. So significant decimal place for
the calculation is four (4) because of the precision of the product
prices AFAIK.

With this example the sum is ok at all, but the result of the sum is
wrong.

In general it is to early for me to write a patch. We need at first do
more research and find a correct and reliable solution.
Message has been deleted

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 2:31:21 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 14/06/09 23:21 -0700, udo wrote:

> Ced, thanks for the patch.
> referring to: http://codereview.appspot.com/74052
>
> This patch provides the solution I mentioned in the second usecase,
> which is wrong too, AFAIK.
>
> Here you do the rounding before the end of calculation, which is not
> right AFAIK. When calculating with different precisions you need to
> preserve all significant decimal places in the calculation and round
> one time in the end of calculation. So significant decimal place for
> the calculation is four (4) because of the precision of the product
> prices AFAIK.
>
> With this example the sum is ok at all, but the result of the sum is
> wrong.

This is wrong because the tax amount will be write in an account so you must
have it at the currency precision.

> In general it is to early for me to write a patch. We need at first do
> more research and find a correct and reliable solution.

udo

Jun 15, 2009, 2:50:26 AM6/15/09
to Tryton
On 15 Jun., 08:31, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> On 14/06/09 23:21 -0700, udo wrote:
> > With this example the sum is ok at all, but the result of the sum is
> > wrong.
>
> This is wrong because the tax amount will be write in an account so you must
> have it at the currency precision.

You are right. All amounts written in accounts needed to be in
currency precision.
But rounding is done at the final end of calculation for all parts.
This is a strong rule in rounding.

So the expected way is calculate with provided precision and round at
the end all values which needed to be round to currency precision.
See my example 2 where I mention this.

First I saw the issue, I thought it is an easy to understand topic,
just round the taxes before sum up and everything is fine - same like
you do. After some research I found out the topic is not this easy to
understand, because it deeply went into error analysis. There are
strong rules on rounding like the addition with significant precision.
And there are weaker rules like the choose of the correct rounding
method on multiply.
I will try to find some more informations from our local university.

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 3:04:11 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com

This is not scientific computation but accounting.
Once you have rounded, you can not more add precision errors.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 3:39:50 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 15/06/09 00:28 -0700, udo wrote:

> On 15 Jun., 09:04, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> > This is not scientific computation but accounting.
> > Once you have rounded, you can not more add precision errors.
> The references I found speak another language.
>
> Do you have some other references?

No, but it is logical because sum of debit/credit must be 0.

udo

Jun 15, 2009, 3:44:32 AM6/15/09
to Tryton
On 15 Jun., 09:04, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> This is not scientific computation but accounting.
> Once you have rounded, you can not more add precision errors.

udo

Jun 15, 2009, 3:51:45 AM6/15/09
to Tryton
On 15 Jun., 09:39, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> No, but it is logical because sum of debit/credit must be 0.
:-) I know this, but thanks for clarification.

++++ Your Solution produce:
66,75 net amount
9,16 Taxes
75,91 total amount

The both taxes are:
2,06 with 7%VAT
7,10 with 19% VAT

++++ My Solution produce:
66,75 net amount
9,15 Taxes
75,90 total amount

The both taxes are:
2,06 with 7%VAT
7,09. with 19% VAT

So where is the problem that sum of debit/credit is not 0 ?

Dr. Axel Braun

Jun 15, 2009, 4:02:19 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am 13.06.2009 14:15 schrieb udono:

> Tryton seems to have some problems with the presentation of rounded
> taxes in invoices. Please check!

Maybe one should think about the calculation scheme for the tax amount.

Mostly goods or services are sold net. So adding up all items with 7% tax and
calculating the tax amount on the net sum (with rounding according to account
settings), then doing the same with the 19% items.

Anyway, as i'm not an accountant, I will check with my tax agent and post the
(authoritative ;-) answer-

Best,
Axel
--
Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun
Mobile: +49.173.7003.154

Written from my EeePC 901 GO running Linux

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 4:07:57 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com

So you transfert amount tax from one tax to an other, I'm not sure it is legal
in any country. What about taxes paid to different autority? Who decides which
tax will receive the rouding error ?

And if you create an invoice with only the line with the 19% tax, you will
have a tax amount of 7,10.

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 4:23:17 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 15/06/09 10:02 +0200, Dr. Axel Braun wrote:

> Am 13.06.2009 14:15 schrieb udono:
>
> > Tryton seems to have some problems with the presentation of rounded
> > taxes in invoices. Please check!
>
> Maybe one should think about the calculation scheme for the tax amount.
>
> Mostly goods or services are sold net. So adding up all items with 7% tax and
> calculating the tax amount on the net sum (with rounding according to account
> settings), then doing the same with the 19% items.

This is how it is implemented except that it was missing a rounding at the
end.

> Anyway, as i'm not an accountant, I will check with my tax agent and post the
> (authoritative ;-) answer-

udo

Jun 15, 2009, 4:44:29 AM6/15/09
to Tryton
On 15 Jun., 10:07, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> On 15/06/09 00:51 -0700, udo wrote:
> > On 15 Jun., 09:39, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:
> > > No, but it is logical because sum of debit/credit must be 0.
> > :-) I know this, but thanks for clarification.
> > ++++ Your Solution produce:
> > 66,75 net amount
> >  9,16 Taxes
> > 75,91 total amount
>
> > The both taxes are:
> > 2,06 with 7%VAT
> > 7,10 with 19% VAT
>
> > ++++ My Solution produce:
> > 66,75 net amount
> >  9,15 Taxes
> > 75,90 total amount
>
> > The both taxes are:
> > 2,06 with 7%VAT
> > 7,09. with 19% VAT
> > So where is the problem that sum of debit/credit is not 0 ?
> So you transfert amount tax from one tax to an other,
very close. Exactly I do adjust both tax amounts by adding the
arithmetic average of the rounding errors of all the taxes. There is
no transfer between taxes. It is an adjustment of the rounding method
to preserve the final sum. See last Page, Step 3 in
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Foh%2Fcmulliss%2Frraddsub.pdf&ei=vZcySrHfK9KPsAb8kcXHCQ&usg=AFQjCNH1gsrR-LSIc4MY7nlDJSALECJPMw&sig2=7_Jjw40lbe8nMdzUlxhm3w
that it is possible to do that in rounding values out of
multiplications.

> I'm not sure it is legal in any country.
I'm not sure, too. Therefor I started the discussion. I think we need
to find some experts who can give us better references. But I don't
think it is regulated by any law.
I'am sure about that rounding before the end of calculation will be
wrong in all countries.

> What about taxes paid to different autority? Who decides which
> tax will receive the rouding error?
All taxes are adjusted by the rounding error, so there is no
difference or decision.
> And if you create an invoice with only the line with the 19% tax, you will
> have a tax amount of 7,10.
37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT to be rounded to 7,10 with a
rounding error of -0,0035
The aritmethic average of the rounding error is the rounding error
self, because it is only one amount...
Adjust the tax amount by the (average) rounding error:
7,0965 + (-0,0035) = 7,093 rounded to 7,09

So the tax amount of an invoice with only 19% tax have a tax amount of
7,09 which seems correct.

But don't hesitate to find some amounts where it doesn't work.

Cédric Krier

Jun 15, 2009, 6:29:56 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com

Ok:

7.0974 -> 7.09
7.0974 -> 7.09
7.0974 -> 7.09
--------------
21.2922 21.27
-> 21.29

Rounding is always a lost of precision, there will be always some cases that
works and some others not well.
What you propose is to use an other rounding rule instead of the round-to-even
method (aka "bankers' rounding") [1] because yours have better statistical result
in this specific case of tax sum.

For what I know in Belgium, you can choose your rounding method but you must
always use the same. So your method only works for the specific case of tax
sum. And I think we must use the common sense to round numbers like 7,0965 to
7,10 instead of 7.09 otherwise users will think that the system doesn't
compute correctly.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rounding#Round-to-even_method

Carlos Perelló Marín

Jun 15, 2009, 10:51:13 AM6/15/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
udo escribió:

Hi!,

[...]

>> So you transfert amount tax from one tax to an other,
>>
> very close. Exactly I do adjust both tax amounts by adding the
> arithmetic average of the rounding errors of all the taxes. There is
> no transfer between taxes. It is an adjustment of the rounding method
> to preserve the final sum. See last Page, Step 3 in
> http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Foh%2Fcmulliss%2Frraddsub.pdf&ei=vZcySrHfK9KPsAb8kcXHCQ&usg=AFQjCNH1gsrR-LSIc4MY7nlDJSALECJPMw&sig2=7_Jjw40lbe8nMdzUlxhm3w
> that it is possible to do that in rounding values out of
> multiplications.
>

>> I'm not sure it is legal in any country.
>>
> I'm not sure, too. Therefor I started the discussion. I think we need
> to find some experts who can give us better references. But I don't
> think it is regulated by any law.
> I'am sure about that rounding before the end of calculation will be
> wrong in all countries.

I just checked with my tax agent and he told me that there is no direct
rule on how to do it, but he told me that the most common way to do it,
and the way he recommends me to do it, is to do the rounding per tax
line, just like Cédric implemented it.

Cheers.

>> What about taxes paid to different autority? Who decides which
>> tax will receive the rouding error?
>>
> All taxes are adjusted by the rounding error, so there is no
> difference or decision.
>
>> And if you create an invoice with only the line with the 19% tax, you will
>> have a tax amount of 7,10.
>>
> 37,3500 x 19 / 100 = 7,0965 Tax 19% VAT to be rounded to 7,10 with a
> rounding error of -0,0035
> The aritmethic average of the rounding error is the rounding error
> self, because it is only one amount...
> Adjust the tax amount by the (average) rounding error:
> 7,0965 + (-0,0035) = 7,093 rounded to 7,09
>
> So the tax amount of an invoice with only 19% tax have a tax amount of
> 7,09 which seems correct.
>
> But don't hesitate to find some amounts where it doesn't work.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
[P+] SERVICIOS PROFESIONALES
http://www.pemas.es
mailto:car...@pemas.es || mailto:car...@gnome.org

Este mensaje y los ficheros anexos son confidenciales. Los mismos
contienen información reservada de la empresa que no puede ser
difundida. Si usted ha recibido este correo por error, tenga la
amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema y avisar al remitente mediante
reenvío a su dirección electrónica; no deberá copiar el mensaje ni
divulgar su contenido a ninguna persona.

Su dirección de correo electrónico junto a sus datos personales forman
parte de un fichero titularidad de PEMAS Servicios Profesionales, S.L.
cuya finalidad es la de mantener el contacto con Ud. De acuerdo con la
Ley Orgánica 15/1999, usted puede ejercitar sus derechos de acceso,
rectificación, cancelación y, en su caso, oposición enviando una
solicitud por escrito, acompañada de una fotocopia de su DNI dirigida a
PEMAS Servicios Profesionales, S.L. C/ Santos Justo y Pastor, 72 - 5,
C.P. 46022 de Valencia (España).

Cédric Krier

Jun 16, 2009, 4:41:00 AM6/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
I have uploaded a new version of the patch:
http://codereview.appspot.com/74052

And two others for sale and purchase:
http://codereview.appspot.com/75070
http://codereview.appspot.com/75071

I think it is the good way to fix the issue, if there is no problem I will
push it today on dev branch and in one week on others.

Cédric Krier

Jun 16, 2009, 4:51:07 PM6/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 16/06/09 10:41 +0200, Cédric Krier wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of the patch:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/74052
>
> And two others for sale and purchase:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/75070
> http://codereview.appspot.com/75071
>
> I think it is the good way to fix the issue, if there is no problem I will
> push it today on dev branch and in one week on others.

Applied in dev branch.

Udono

Jun 16, 2009, 5:37:05 PM6/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am Dienstag, den 16.06.2009, 22:51 +0200 schrieb Cédric Krier:
> Applied in dev branch.
Yes, the patch seems to work, but keep investigation for more
informations abou this.

FYI I started a request on an experts list in germany. But no answers
yet. See:
http://www.carookee.com/forum/bilanzbuchhalter-fachthemen/Rundung_von_Steuern_in_Rechnungen_mit_Nettobetraegen.24814265.0.01103.html

And I requested Jiri Sima the Author of
http://www2.cs.cas.cz/~sima/trp.ps for a real world code example of his
solution, but he told me that he don't know any.

Dr. Axel Braun

Jun 17, 2009, 2:44:18 AM6/17/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi Udo,

Am Dienstag 16 Juni 2009 schrieb Udono:
> Am Dienstag, den 16.06.2009, 22:51 +0200 schrieb Cédric Krier:
> > Applied in dev branch.
>
> Yes, the patch seems to work, but keep investigation for more
> informations abou this.
>
> FYI I started a request on an experts list in germany. But no answers
> yet. See:

I got the answer from my tax agent:

Lt. deutschem Gesetz ist es so, dass die Bemessungsgrundlage für die
Umsatzsteuer das vereinbarte Nettoentgelt ist und darauf die Umsatzsteuer
berechnet wird. Die Umsatzsteuer selbst wird kaufmännisch gerundet und dem
Nettoentgelt hinzugerechnet.
Die Summe der Rechnung müsste folglich 75,91€ lauten.
Selbst wenn Rabatte etc. gegeben werden, müsste der Bruttowert aufgeteilt
werden in einen Nettowert und Steuerbetrag. Da der Nettobetrag der
maßgebende Wert ist, orientiert sich die Steuer an ihm und das Problem
stellt sich nicht.
In der Praxis ist es aber häufig anders. Wenn also vom Bruttobetrag
heruntergerechnet werden muss, wird der Nettobetrag entsprechend angepasst,
hier also 29,39 x 7 % 2,06 = 31,45 + 44,45 = 75,90. Hintergedanke ist, dass
die Steuer nicht verkürzt werden darf.

Summary in English: Baseline is the net amount, to which the tax has to be
added. I think 'best practice' would be to have all net amounts for 7% and
all for 19% added up, before the tax is calculated on the total.

Best,
Axel

--
Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun
Mobile: +49.173.7003.154
VoIP/Skype: axxite
PGP Fingerprint: CB03 964D 1CFA E87B AA63 53F3 1BD6 F53A EB48 EF22
Public Key available at http://www.axxite.com/axel....@gmx.de.asc

This mail was *not scanned* before sending.

Timitos

Jun 17, 2009, 3:04:42 AM6/17/09
to Tryton
Hi Axel,

thx for asking your tax advisor.

the patch uploaded by cedric to the dev branch does exactly what your
tax advisor wrote.
so i think now everything should be ok.

Regards

Korbinian
> Public Key available at http://www.axxite.com/axel.br...@gmx.de.asc

Udono

Jun 17, 2009, 5:36:21 AM6/17/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hello Axel,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 08:44 +0200 schrieb Dr. Axel Braun:
> I got the answer from my tax agent:

> Summary in English: Baseline is the net amount, to which the tax has to be
> added. I think 'best practice' would be to have all net amounts for 7% and
> all for 19% added up, before the tax is calculated on the total.

This sounds reasonable. And since Trytons accounting is based on net
amounts, cedrics patch solved this topic in the right way.
Thank you for further investigations!

Regards
Udo Spallek

--
____________________________________
virtual things

Windeckstr. 77
81375 München
Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56

in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz

Udo Spallek

Jun 18, 2009, 2:29:32 AM6/18/09
to tryton
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 11:36 +0200 schrieb Udono:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 08:44 +0200 schrieb Dr. Axel Braun:
> > I got the answer from my tax agent:
> > Summary in English: Baseline is the net amount, to which the tax has to be
> > added. I think 'best practice' would be to have all net amounts for 7% and
> > all for 19% added up, before the tax is calculated on the total.
> This sounds reasonable. And since Trytons accounting is based on net
> amounts, cedrics patch solved this topic in the right way.
> Thank you for further investigations!
I get some results from my request on the German experts group:
http://www.carookee.com/forum/bilanzbuchhalter-fachthemen/24822375

In the answer is exacly the same stated as Axels tax agent said. So it
seems we are very safe with the solution provided by cedric.

Cheers Udo

Some additional informations for the log:
The problem on rounding which not preserve the sum appears when
calculate, round and print taxes for each line of the invoice. If you
add the rounded linewise taxes, this sum may differ to the total taxes
calculated by the sumed up base amount of each tax. For this you need an
algorithm which is similar to curve-fitting in science.

--
virtual things

Munich - Aix-la-Chapelle

Windeckstr. 77