TRYTON USER AND DEVELOPER MANUAL PROPOSAL

cristi

Jan 16, 2009, 10:43:01 AM1/16/09
to Tryton
I am kind of new on tryton and i tried to gather information from irc
+ group

but that is not enough.

There are needed: a user manual and also a developer manual.

What i propose is to raise some funds and B2Ck guys will make then i
hope some
time and create these manuals

Having that manual is good for an open source community and it may
create some extra incomes for the initiators.

I w8 your opinions about how we should proceed ?

Regards

Cris.

Igor Támara

Jan 16, 2009, 2:11:18 PM1/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cris, have you seen [1]?

1. http://www.tryton.org/doc/index.html

This is really good, about your proposal I guess that it's nice, but
maybe first some more knowledge from python is desiderable from a
developer point of view. Then looking at the manuals already there
and trace documentation path.

From what I've seen you are testing many things on tryton is really
good and the answers to the questions are too :)

cristi>
cristi> I am kind of new on tryton and i tried to gather information from irc
cristi> + group
cristi>
cristi> but that is not enough.
cristi>
cristi> There are needed: a user manual and also a developer manual.
cristi>
cristi> What i propose is to raise some funds and B2Ck guys will make then i
cristi> hope some
cristi> time and create these manuals
cristi>
cristi> Having that manual is good for an open source community and it may
cristi> create some extra incomes for the initiators.
cristi>
cristi> I w8 your opinions about how we should proceed ?
cristi>
cristi> Regards
cristi>
cristi> Cris.
cristi> --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
cristi> -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
cristi>

--
Recomiendo Imágenes de OpenClipart
http://www.openclipart.org

signature.asc

cristi

Jan 16, 2009, 2:35:08 PM1/16/09
to Tryton

Agree that python knowldege is very desirable :) but belive me is
possible to learn on the fly ....no one except maybe Guido was born
with python knowdlege.

BUT

I know about the link you provide. That is the starting point ,but
that is only a summary of the framework.

There is nothing about reporting ,workflow ,wizzards for example.

I did not find a place about how can i create my custom querie that
imply more that one model and many many other things.

Maybe a book is too much but a manual is welcomed i say.

And there is also the user manual ,which is missing.

It's true that are not very much modules but i say they are quite
complex.

So some donations i consider quite ok if they will provide the
complete manual.

However i would definitly BUY such a manual (user and developer).

Cris