Tryton for social work

Martin Kaffanke

Jun 18, 2009, 4:15:43 PM6/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm switching completly from information technology business to social
work. But there I cannot find a good solution for now mostly wanted
documentation, flexible time planning, driving cost payments of cases,
projects, and so on. One of the most important things is the
professional discretion. So I would like to sum up the needs on such a
software by:

1. Handling of persons and handling of their systemic relationships
(inside a family, but also "is teacher of" ...) and groups (family,
peergroups, workgroups).

2. Many different users of the system where some have only permissions
to see a few persons (like a social educator gets a child (person), and
now he should get permissions to see this child and all of its
relations, but not childs from other social educators).

3. For each person should we have several documentation layers, like a
"daily report", "three month report" (which is a summary of the daily
report in a special way), but also a way to include documentation which
comes from other places like the youth welfare office. Reports can also
be added to several persons if there were included more than one into an
event.

4. Handling of Documentation for Team meetings, conceptual work, other
meetings and projects.

5. Time management (create flexible schedule for the next month -
calculate for X times/week, summarize worked time and assign time to
specific person or persons (if the social educator worked with more than
one) or assign time to meetings, conceptual work, ...

6. calculation of kilometers (maybe in conjunction with google maps and
saved addresses?) and money for the drivings.

At the moment the situation is very poor because every person has his
own system with many text and calculation files, like write time for
person A, person B, and an extra database for summary of all worked time
and so on...

So I think about tryton - is it possible to adjust it that way. I think
point 2 is one of the most difficult one, to have a 'partner' viewable
only to specific tryton users. But all the other should be possible
some how. But now to you as experts: Is it reasonable to try this with
tryton or is it better to look forward to other systems which could
handle this - or can be adjusted to handle this?

Martin

signature.asc

Udo Spallek

Jun 19, 2009, 7:38:27 PM6/19/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.06.2009, 22:15 +0200 schrieb Martin Kaffanke:
> I'm switching completly from information technology business to social
> work. But there I cannot find a good solution for now mostly wanted
> documentation, flexible time planning, driving cost payments of cases,
For me your list sounds what I actually would like to see in Tryton.

> One of the most important things is the
> professional discretion. So I would like to sum up the needs on such a
> software by:
> 1. Handling of persons and handling of their systemic relationships
> (inside a family, but also "is teacher of" ...) and groups (family,
> peergroups, workgroups).

This kind of relationships are not yet implemented in Tryton. But there
are some points to start. I started to describe partys acting in a
special role. The user can give any party any role and define roles
freely.
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/party_type is a module which bring
the base destinction of organization and persons to the parties.
We also have an alpha module for classifing roles and roles of parties
(aka partner): http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/party_type you can
freely define different roles, and they are stored in the menu if you
like. (For the party_role module you need
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/role , which is a generic module
for all kind of "roles".
With the module
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/account_invoice_role I show how we
can preselect parties with a system role type "customer" on invoicing.

> 2. Many different users of the system where some have only permissions
> to see a few persons (like a social educator gets a child (person), and
> now he should get permissions to see this child and all of its
> relations, but not childs from other social educators).

This could be done with trytons groups and rule system in combination
with multi company. But parties are not multi company aware by now.

> 3. For each person should we have several documentation layers, like a
> "daily report", "three month report" (which is a summary of the daily
> report in a special way), but also a way to include documentation which
> comes from other places like the youth welfare office. Reports can also
> be added to several persons if there were included more than one into an
> event.
> 4. Handling of Documentation for Team meetings, conceptual work, other
> meetings and projects.
> 5. Time management (create flexible schedule for the next month -
> calculate for X times/week, summarize worked time and assign time to
> specific person or persons (if the social educator worked with more than
> one) or assign time to meetings, conceptual work, ...
> 6. calculation of kilometers (maybe in conjunction with google maps and
> saved addresses?) and money for the drivings.
> At the moment the situation is very poor because every person has his
> own system with many text and calculation files, like write time for
> person A, person B, and an extra database for summary of all worked time
> and so on...
> So I think about tryton - is it possible to adjust it that way. I think
> point 2 is one of the most difficult one, to have a 'partner' viewable
> only to specific tryton users. But all the other should be possible
> some how. But now to you as experts: Is it reasonable to try this with
> tryton or is it better to look forward to other systems which could
> handle this - or can be adjusted to handle this?

I know some which would like to have a sophisticated CRM or general
relationship management solution in Tryton... In my opinion all could be
done with Tryton, but it is a lot of stuff to do. So if you have ideas
we can start plannings about it: http://code.google.com/p/tryton/w/list

Regards Udo

--
____________________________________
virtual things

Windeckstr. 77
81375 Munich - Germany
Tel: +49 (89) 710 481 55
Fax: +49 (89) 710 481 56

in...@virtual-things.biz
http://www.virtual-things.biz

udo

Jun 23, 2009, 5:05:43 AM6/23/09
to Tryton
Hi,
sorry, some mistakes with the links:

On 20 Jun., 01:38, Udo Spallek <udo.spal...@googlemail.com> wrote:
[...]
> The user can give any party any role and define roles
> freely. http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/party_type is a module which bring
[...]
> We also have an alpha module for classifing roles and roles of parties
> (aka partner): http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/party_role you can
[...]
> like. (For the party_role module you need http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/role , which is a generic module
[...]