New module product_cost_history

Cédric Krier

Jul 16, 2009, 12:00:10 PM7/16/09
to tryton
Hi,

There is a new module product_cost_history [1] in the serie 1.2.
It adds historize to the product cost and adds a button on the product form
which open the list of the past value of the cost price of the current
product and can display it in a graph.

It is in the 1.2 serie for now until it will be released. The release is
planned to 30 July.
Translators have "push access" until this date.

[1] http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/1.2/modules/product_cost_history/

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Mathias Behrle

Jul 16, 2009, 1:09:17 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Betr.: " [tryton] New module product_cost_history" (Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:00:10
+0200):

> Translators have "push access" until this date.
>
> [1] http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/1.2/modules/product_cost_history/

I am unable to clone the module via ssh:
remote: Illegal repository '/home/hg/1.2/modules/product_cost_history'

signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Jul 16, 2009, 1:22:09 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com

And now?

Hartmut Goebel

Jul 16, 2009, 3:24:54 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> It is in the 1.2 serie for now until it will be released. The release is
> planned to 30 July.

Pardon me, I don't understand this. 1.2 is considered to be the stable
release. Why are you putting a release candidate there "until it will be
released". Please enlighten me!

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Monatliche Kolumne:
<http://www.all-about-security.de/kolumnen/cissp-gefluester/>

Goebel Consult mit Mitglied bei <http://www.7-it.de>

Cédric Krier

Jul 16, 2009, 4:09:20 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 16/07/09 21:24 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > It is in the 1.2 serie for now until it will be released. The release is
> > planned to 30 July.
>
> Pardon me, I don't understand this. 1.2 is considered to be the stable
> release. Why are you putting a release candidate there "until it will be
> released". Please enlighten me!

Module is for this serie.

Mathias Behrle

Jul 16, 2009, 4:35:24 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Betr.: " [tryton] Re: New module product_cost_history" (Thu, 16 Jul 2009
19:22:09 +0200):

> On 16/07/09 19:09 +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > * Betr.: " [tryton] New module product_cost_history" (Thu, 16 Jul 2009
> > 18:00:10 +0200):
> >
> > > Translators have "push access" until this date.
> > >
> > > [1] http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/1.2/modules/product_cost_history/
> >
> > I am unable to clone the module via ssh:
> > remote: Illegal repository '/home/hg/1.2/modules/product_cost_history'
> >

> And now?

Works, thx.

signature.asc

Mathias Behrle

Jul 16, 2009, 4:38:33 PM7/16/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Betr.: " [tryton] Re: New module product_cost_history" (Thu, 16 Jul 2009
22:09:20 +0200):

> On 16/07/09 21:24 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > It is in the 1.2 serie for now until it will be released. The release is
> > > planned to 30 July.
> >
> > Pardon me, I don't understand this. 1.2 is considered to be the stable
> > release. Why are you putting a release candidate there "until it will be
> > released". Please enlighten me!
> >

> Module is for this serie.

Ack for Hartmut Goebel: until a module is released it shouldn't be in the
stable branch. Those modules belong to 1.1 branch.

signature.asc

Hartmut Goebel

Jul 18, 2009, 7:17:03 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier schrieb:

> On 16/07/09 21:24 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> It is in the 1.2 serie for now until it will be released. The release is
>>> planned to 30 July.
>> Pardon me, I don't understand this. 1.2 is considered to be the stable
>> release. Why are you putting a release candidate there "until it will be
>> released". Please enlighten me!
>>

> Module is for this serie.

If I ready your fist mail right, this module is in the testing-phase.
Thus it belongs into 1.1. 1.2 is considered to be stable and only stable
module should go there.

Cédric Krier

Jul 18, 2009, 8:00:37 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 18/07/09 13:17 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Cédric Krier schrieb:
> > On 16/07/09 21:24 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> Pardon me, I don't understand this. 1.2 is considered to be the stable
> >> release. Why are you putting a release candidate there "until it will be
> >> released". Please enlighten me!
> >>

> > Module is for this serie.
>
> If I ready your fist mail right, this module is in the testing-phase.
> Thus it belongs into 1.1. 1.2 is considered to be stable and only stable
> module should go there.

Those modules work only with the 1.2 serie for now.

Hartmut Goebel

Jul 18, 2009, 8:43:36 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier schrieb:

> Those modules work only with the 1.2 serie for now.

Hey! 1.2 is *stable*.

product_cost_history is *not* stable. Thus product_cost_history must not
go into 1.2 _yet_.

Cédric Krier

Jul 18, 2009, 8:52:29 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 18/07/09 14:43 +0200, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Cédric Krier schrieb:
>
> > Those modules work only with the 1.2 serie for now.
>
> Hey! 1.2 is *stable*.
>
> product_cost_history is *not* stable. Thus product_cost_history must not
> go into 1.2 _yet_.

What is stable is releases that are in http://download.tryton.org/

Mathias Behrle

Jul 18, 2009, 9:46:36 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Betr.: " [tryton] Re: New module product_cost_history" (Sat, 18 Jul 2009
14:52:29 +0200):

> What is stable is releases that are in http://download.tryton.org/

I now understand your concept, that all repos in your eyes are principally dev
and none is stable.

OTOH this concept can obviously be mistaken easily. For me it is sort of
namespace conflict between 1.2 != stable. From where the user should know, that
only packages of 1.2 are stable, but repos 1.2 is not. If you want to preserve
this concept I would ask you to make a very explicit warning on the downloads
page. I suggest, if this wasn't clear for me so far, it won't be for others as
well without an explicit explanation.

signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Jul 18, 2009, 10:20:29 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com

For me it is clear on the web page as the repositories are under
"Development Source Code".
And any way, I don't understand the concept of "stable" and we don't use it on
the download page.

Mathias Behrle

Jul 18, 2009, 11:17:14 AM7/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Betr.: " [tryton] Re: New module product_cost_history" (Sat, 18 Jul 2009
16:20:29 +0200):

> On 18/07/09 15:46 +0200, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > * Betr.: " [tryton] Re: New module product_cost_history" (Sat, 18 Jul 2009
> > 14:52:29 +0200):
> >
> > > What is stable is releases that are in http://download.tryton.org/
> >
> > I now understand your concept, that all repos in your eyes are principally
> > dev and none is stable.
> >
> > OTOH this concept can obviously be mistaken easily. For me it is sort of
> > namespace conflict between 1.2 != stable. From where the user should know,
> > that only packages of 1.2 are stable, but repos 1.2 is not. If you want to
> > preserve this concept I would ask you to make a very explicit warning on
> > the downloads page. I suggest, if this wasn't clear for me so far, it won't
> > be for others as well without an explicit explanation.
>
> For me it is clear on the web page as the repositories are under
> "Development Source Code".

For you it is clear (perhaps because you are the author), for me it was not,
JFYI.

> And any way, I don't understand the concept of "stable" and we don't use it on
> the download page.

Understood.
If you replace 'stable' with 'release' the problem will appear nevertheless:
there *will* be misunderstandings. You really won't overload the user, if you
tell him the concept of your repos structure. In the contrary you will save a
lot of your and our time for explanations to misled users.

just my 2¢

signature.asc