Google Summer of Code

Cédric Krier

Feb 21, 2009, 7:35:32 AM2/21/09
to tryton
Hi,

I think it will be good for Tryton to participate to gsoc.
To be a mentoring organization, we need to provide some ressources:

- 1 organization administrator and 1 backup (it can be me and bechamel)
- mentors

Who is ready to get involved?

- a list of possible developments

We can create a page in the wiki.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Cédric Krier

Feb 23, 2009, 8:51:03 AM2/23/09
to tryton
I have created a wiki page to collect ideas:

http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/gsoc2009

Cédric Krier

Mar 18, 2009, 2:05:52 PM3/18/09
to tryton
I just receive an email from Google to inform that Tryton is not
accepted for the gsoc2009

Thanks to everybody who help us to submit the project. We will try next
year :-)

Carlos Perelló Marín

Mar 18, 2009, 3:55:12 PM3/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier escribió:

> I just receive an email from Google to inform that Tryton is not
> accepted for the gsoc2009
>
> Thanks to everybody who help us to submit the project. We will try next
> year :-)

Did they give you any reason? os is just that they had to stop at some
point and the project is too small in comparation with the other
accepted projects?

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
[P+] SERVICIOS PROFESIONALES

Cédric Krier

Mar 18, 2009, 5:01:07 PM3/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 18/03/09 20:55 +0100, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

> Cédric Krier escribió:
> > I just receive an email from Google to inform that Tryton is not
> > accepted for the gsoc2009
> >
> > Thanks to everybody who help us to submit the project. We will try next
> > year :-)
> >

> Did they give you any reason? os is just that they had to stop at some

No

> point and the project is too small in comparation with the other
> accepted projects?

I don't know. They say that there is too much projects.

Cédric Krier

Mar 18, 2009, 5:07:12 PM3/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 18/03/09 22:01 +0100, Cédric Krier wrote:
> On 18/03/09 20:55 +0100, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >
> > Cédric Krier escribió:
> > > I just receive an email from Google to inform that Tryton is not
> > > accepted for the gsoc2009
> > >
> > > Thanks to everybody who help us to submit the project. We will try next
> > > year :-)
> > >

> > Did they give you any reason? os is just that they had to stop at some
>
> No
>
> > point and the project is too small in comparation with the other
> > accepted projects?
> >

> I don't know. They say that there is too much projects.

There is chan where we can ask why?
I will do and provide the feedback.

Carlos Perelló Marín

Mar 18, 2009, 5:17:56 PM3/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Cédric Krier escribió:

> On 18/03/09 22:01 +0100, Cédric Krier wrote:

>>> Did they give you any reason? os is just that they had to stop at some
>> No
>>
>>> point and the project is too small in comparation with the other
>>> accepted projects?
>>>
>> I don't know. They say that there is too much projects.
>>

> There is chan where we can ask why?
> I will do and provide the feedback.

Cool, thanks. Is a good idea to know it, so we know whether there is
something we could improve for next year edition.

Cédric Krier

Mar 18, 2009, 5:41:35 PM3/18/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
Here is feedback:

22:36 <@lh> cedk: ideas list is ok, could use links to more
documentation, information. i liked that you published your
application publicly.
22:36 < cedk> lh: ok, you mean more documentation about the project ?
22:37 <@lh> cedk: no about each idea. there's a sentence or two, could
have been beefed up. document where to find out more to execute on
the idea.
22:37 < cedk> lh: ok
22:37 < cedk> lh: thx
22:37 <@lh> cedk: thank you for being gracious.