Invoice with foreign currency

Cédric Krier

Nov 4, 2009, 4:37:37 PM11/4/09
to tryton
I was reading this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/452854
And I checked the Tryton's code to see if we have the same issue. But we don't
have it :-), the moves generated are always balanced (thanks to Decimal).

But this brings me a related issue.

For now we use as counterpart amount, the sum of each lines and taxes (in the
company currency). So this total is the same as the total of the invoice if
the invoice is in the currency of the company. But when we are in foreign
currency, it is not always correct (it can have rounding error).
This means that the convertion rate is not always the same for all lines of
the move (the total amount can have different currency rate).
So my question is: is it correct?

If we must have exactly the same rate for each lines of the move, we must
introduce a new account on the invoice on which we put the write-off of the
currency conversion. This account will be visible and used only for invoice
with foreign currency.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email: cedric...@b2ck.com
Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Dr. Axel Braun

Nov 5, 2009, 3:06:57 AM11/5/09
to try...@googlegroups.com, Cédric Krier
Am Mittwoch 04 November 2009 schrieb Cédric Krier:

> If we must have exactly the same rate for each lines of the move, we must
> introduce a new account on the invoice on which we put the write-off of the
> currency conversion. This account will be visible and used only for invoice
> with foreign currency.

Even worse: If the exchange rate changes between the invoice issue and the
payment, we have currency conversion differences which need to be posted to a
currency rounding account.

Yes, we need one.

Best regards
Axel

--
Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun
Mobile: +49.173.7003.154

This mail was *not scanned* before sending.
It was sended from a secure Linux desktop.

Cédric Krier

Nov 5, 2009, 3:28:16 AM11/5/09
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 05/11/09 09:06 +0100, Dr. Axel Braun wrote:

> Am Mittwoch 04 November 2009 schrieb Cédric Krier:
>
> > If we must have exactly the same rate for each lines of the move, we must
> > introduce a new account on the invoice on which we put the write-off of the
> > currency conversion. This account will be visible and used only for invoice
> > with foreign currency.
>
> Even worse: If the exchange rate changes between the invoice issue and the
> payment, we have currency conversion differences which need to be posted to a
> currency rounding account.

Tryton already handles this case.