generating PDF using ConTeXT anyone?

Paul J Stevens

Nov 18, 2010, 8:07:12 AM11/18/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Setting up the reporting, I've grown tired of trying to get ooo.org
running inside a virtualenv setup. Since I noticed relatorio can
generate PDF (which is all I need) directly using ConTeXT, I tried
getting that up and running inside virtualenv. No problem at all!

So, is anyone using relatorio+context for reporting, and are there any
issues worth mentioning (like show-stoppers)?

thanks,

Paul Stevens paul at nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl

Tobias Paepke

Nov 18, 2010, 8:42:30 AM11/18/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 18.11.2010 14:07, Paul J Stevens wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Setting up the reporting, I've grown tired of trying to get ooo.org
> running inside a virtualenv setup. Since I noticed relatorio can
> generate PDF (which is all I need) directly using ConTeXT, I tried
> getting that up and running inside virtualenv. No problem at all!
>
> So, is anyone using relatorio+context for reporting, and are there any
> issues worth mentioning (like show-stoppers)?
>
> thanks,

Hi Paul,

its good that someone takes a look into ConTeXT rendering of PDF's.
I'm afraid there are currently no templates for parsing. At least i did
not find any.
The tryton frontend isn't prepared already to choose the corresponding
rendering method?

regards

tobias

Paul J Stevens

Nov 19, 2010, 2:54:13 AM11/19/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 11/18/2010 02:42 PM, Tobias Paepke wrote:

> its good that someone takes a look into ConTeXT rendering of PDF's.
> I'm afraid there are currently no templates for parsing. At least i did
> not find any.
> The tryton frontend isn't prepared already to choose the corresponding
> rendering method?

I don't know.

Atm, all I need is to generate and store a PDF whenever a
invoice/creditnote is created.

I would prefer to use the old and proven xslt route, but given that
relatorio doesn't have xslt support (yet) and that I'm on a tight
schedule which doesn't leave me time to develop the necessary extension,
I thought I'd use the context method.

Keep you posted!

Cédric Krier

Nov 19, 2010, 4:49:03 AM11/19/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 19/11/10 08:54 +0100, Paul J Stevens wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 02:42 PM, Tobias Paepke wrote:
>
> > its good that someone takes a look into ConTeXT rendering of PDF's.
> > I'm afraid there are currently no templates for parsing. At least i did
> > not find any.
> > The tryton frontend isn't prepared already to choose the corresponding
> > rendering method?
>
> I don't know.
>
> Atm, all I need is to generate and store a PDF whenever a
> invoice/creditnote is created.
>
> I would prefer to use the old and proven xslt route, but given that
> relatorio doesn't have xslt support (yet) and that I'm on a tight
> schedule which doesn't leave me time to develop the necessary extension,
> I thought I'd use the context method.

You can override any report and use the report engine you want.
You just have to modify this method:
http://hg.tryton.org/trytond/file/fedd0b6a7c6d/trytond/report/report.py#l126

I suggest you to directly call reportlab if you want to generate PDF.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4