web cliente in Qooxdoo

Juan Fernando Jaramillo Botero

Mar 23, 2010, 11:46:19 AM3/23/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

We just begin to write a web client for tryton in qooxdoo, and we hope that we will use Json-rpc to connect to the server, but we think that we need to build a server side application that connect to tryton. The idea is something like this:

1)

---- ---{Trytond as library}---- Json-rpc -------------------
|DB| <===========>|Tryton WebServer "To build"|<========>|webtryton "Qooxdoo"|
-- --------------------------- -------------------

I don't know if there are possibilities to use directly the trytond as server as:

2)

---- -------- Json-rpc -------------------
|DB| <===========>|Trytond"|<========>|webtryton "Qooxdoo"|
-- -------- -------------------

We think that a way could be using Django, but we receive suggests.

3)

---- ---{Trytond as library}-- Json-rpc -------------------
|DB| <===========>|Tryton WebServer "Django"|<========>|webtryton "Qooxdoo"|
-- ------------------------- -------------------

Regards

------
Juan Fernando Jaramillo
Gte General
OPDevel
www.opdevel.com

signature.asc

Cédric Krier

Mar 23, 2010, 11:49:14 AM3/23/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com

I'm for the 2 option.
For your information, I have a 3000 SLOC web client written in GWT that
connect to the server using json-rpc.
The development structure is the same then the GTK client so for now it can:

- popup login windows with database list
- open the menu tab (tree view)
- open action on menu (tree view)
- display any tree view

I can put the source code on a temporary repository.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Cédric Krier

Mar 23, 2010, 11:58:11 AM3/23/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com

Cédric Krier

Mar 24, 2010, 4:04:14 AM3/24/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 23/03/10 16:58 +0100, Cédric Krier wrote:
> > For your information, I have a 3000 SLOC web client written in GWT that
> > connect to the server using json-rpc.
> > The development structure is the same then the GTK client so for now it can:
> >
> > - popup login windows with database list
> > - open the menu tab (tree view)
> > - open action on menu (tree view)
> > - display any tree view
> >
> > I can put the source code on a temporary repository.
> >

> Here is the url:
>
> http://www.b2ck.com/~ced/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/sao/

For people who want to try, here is the requirement:

- Java VM
- GWT (>=2.0.0)
- http://advanced-gwt.sourceforge.net/

The configuration:

- setup the config file "build.properties" with the paths to those components:
gwt.sdk=...
gwt.advanced-components=...
- compile with:
ant build
- it must create a "war" directory
- Enable jsonrpc in trytond.conf
- Set jsondata_path to point to the "war" directory

Now, open a browser to http://localhost:8000/sao.html

Udo Spallek

Apr 27, 2010, 9:27:29 AM4/27/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks a lot for the sneak preview. I get it to work, finally!
Am Mittwoch, den 24.03.2010, 09:04 +0100 schrieb Cédric Krier:
> On 23/03/10 16:58 +0100, Cédric Krier wrote:
> > > For your information, I have a 3000 SLOC web client written in GWT that
> > > connect to the server using json-rpc.
Welcome to the world of Java. 3000 SLOC for the given functionality is
quite bloated ;-)

What I have seen is working as expected. But I am a little bit
irritated, because the implementation seems to completely duplicate the
tryton client code in Java. Is there not a way to abstract the web part
only and to share the rest of the codebase with the tryton client, all
written in python?

Cheers

Udo Spallek

Sharoon Thomas

Apr 27, 2010, 10:17:01 AM4/27/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I agree with Udo Spallek about the bloat up.

May be I am wrong here, but will it not be better to have the web part also being in python and unlike the openerp-web-client make it a WSGI service of the server?

I think almost all implementations have the server and web client on same box and them communicating using RPC is meaning less?

(Not sure if this could be possible with GWT though)

Thanks,
--
Sharoon Thomas
Business Analyst & Open Source ERP Consultant

Cédric Krier

Apr 27, 2010, 1:21:14 PM4/27/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 27/04/10 15:17 +0100, Sharoon Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree with Udo Spallek about the bloat up.

Any different client will be a duplicate effort because it must do the same
then the current one.

> May be I am wrong here, but will it not be better to have the web part also
> being in python and unlike the openerp-web-client make it a WSGI service of
> the server?

The only project that I know that will allow to write javascript in python is
pyjamas but I don't think it is enough mature for such big project.

> I think almost all implementations have the server and web client on same
> box and them communicating using RPC is meaning less?

This is not what I want, I want a real web client written for today
technology and that will scale.