neso for portable app...

David

Aug 12, 2010, 10:26:27 AM8/12/10
to tryton-dev
dear and appreciated developers of tryton,

I allow myself to post a suggestion I just uttered in the tryton-group
although I cannot further contribute to it's execution (lack of python-
skills).

I was thinking to use Neso on a usb stick and tried with the Windows
version. Seemingly I could start it
on another system (where I hadn't installed neso) from the portable
and it appeared to be running, but could only open the database(s) I
created on that same system. I sought and found the location of the
sqlite database but didn't discover yet where this path is specified.

I would like to tell Neso to open the databases from another directory
(in Windows I cannot trick with hardlinks). Using Neso un a USB stick
would allow to work with one set of data at many working places
without exposing data to the internet, to encrypt them within a
filecontainer when not used and make Tryton probably the first
complete ERP solutions running from a portable device!

Cédric Krier suggested:

>It is set here
>http://hg.tryton.org/hgwebdir.cgi/neso/file/08633e92fb9a/bin/neso#l79

>It should be possible to write a patch for command line option to change the
>default value. But this should be discussed on tryton-dev.

Is somebody willing to write such a patch so that a user without
python / compilation knowledge could use it in such a way?

Thank you for considering,

Sincerly,

David

Andres Vargas - zodman

Aug 12, 2010, 12:38:44 PM8/12/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
the path on sqlite works its on your home directory

C:\Documents and Settings\abvargasr\.neso\1.6\

abvargasr its my username on windows logon and C:\Documents and
Settings\abvargasr\ as my home :>

the patch i think the best its check if exist a config file (
.portable ) on neso.exe live and self check this file for getting if
the data_path work on home or on neso.exe live.

> --

Andres Vargas
www.zodman.com.mx

Andres Vargas - zodman

Aug 29, 2010, 11:36:59 PM8/29/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
here small patch for getting neso directory on where executable live

http://codereview.appspot.com/2077041

--
Andres Vargas
www.zodman.com.mx

Cédric Krier

Aug 30, 2010, 2:08:04 AM8/30/10
to tryto...@googlegroups.com
On 29/08/10 22:36 -0500, Andres Vargas - zodman wrote:
> here small patch for getting neso directory on where executable live
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/2077041

It looks pretty good. Could you fill an issue on roundup.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4