All T-TH Classes: The Matrix Group

Dr. X

Oct 17, 2011, 6:22:26 PM10/17/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Please post your responses to the questions below. Begin with the questions posted by me as instructed in class.

Dr. X

Oct 17, 2011, 6:23:14 PM10/17/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Are You Living in The Matrix? Neo suspects from the beginning of the story that something is wrong with his world: that he is somehow controlled or manipulated into believing things that are not true. The Wachowski brothers (the writers and directors of the film) had to get the idea that we might be living in a fake world from somewhere; and, in fact, The Matrix resonated with audiences who rarely watch science fiction. Are we living in The Matrix? Are you? How do you know?

Dr. X

Oct 17, 2011, 6:23:43 PM10/17/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Red Pill or Blue Pill? Morpheus offers Neo a choice: take the Blue Pill and go back to your life or take the Red Pill and “see how far down the rabbit hole goes” (a reference to the book Alice in Wonderland, where a little girl discovers an insane, and often horrifying, alternate universe). Which would you choose? To discover the truth no matter how terrible, or to stick to what you know?

Dr. X

Oct 17, 2011, 6:24:12 PM10/17/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Is Ignorance Bliss? Cypher betrays his companions to be reinserted into The Matrix and be “someone important.” “Ignorance is bliss,” he says while eating a steak that he admits is not real. What do you think of his choice? Is it unethical to want to “unlearn” something once you know? Once you know the truth, do you want to forget it?

Dr. X

Oct 17, 2011, 6:25:20 PM10/17/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Fate or Free Will? Morpheus believes Neo is The One (the one who will be able to fight the Agents and help the human rebellion). Neo, however, has doubts, especially after his discussion with the Oracle. Cypher does not believe he is the one when he tries to kill him. Later we learn that Trinity believes he is The One because she loves him. Was Neo always the One (fate), or did he become the One through his actions (will)?

Christian Serrano

Oct 18, 2011, 3:44:08 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim: neo become the one through his action
reason: the oracle tell him the truth
evidence: he become the one when he start to believe in himself

avinash singh

Oct 18, 2011, 3:46:01 PM10/18/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Claim- I would have chosen the blue pill.
Reason- The matrix was a dangerous place.
Evidence- Neos life was always in danger. The agents were trying to kill him.

dmeag...@aol.com

Oct 18, 2011, 3:49:46 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim- Morpheus believes neo is the one
Reason- the oracle gave the secret weapon to neo and said he can do
it
Evidence- neo at the end he fights the agents

preciou...@aol.com

Oct 18, 2011, 3:51:28 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:discover the truth no matter how bad.good.different it is
reason:because you will always wonder why you didnt go and why people
say what they do about it
evidence:because when alice got to that diffrent universe she went
back home with a lesson learned she knew something new
and neo had his own opinon on things not what others said.
Message has been deleted

Cece099

Oct 18, 2011, 3:56:54 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:It is unethical to want to unlearn something once you know
reason: the information you learned can help you uncover hidden truth
evidence: when the oracle tells neo the truth and how he can save
everyone

alysi...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 3:57:27 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:i would choose the blue pill
Reason:the matrix is very dangerous
Evidence:neo was being follow and they try to kill him

Jonathan Sanchez

Oct 18, 2011, 4:01:03 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: There is no such thing in fate only free will.
Reason:That if you will/want something in your life you will
eventually get it as long as you try.
Evidence: When Neo choose to become "The One" and help Morpheus fight
the agents because before that he was told to choose not that he will
be it no matter what happens.

Christian Serrano

Oct 18, 2011, 4:01:35 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim: i will choose the blue pill
reason: matrix was dangerous
evidence: neo was attack by agent always

Kiara

Oct 18, 2011, 4:01:41 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Morpheus feel neo i the one but neo doesnt think so.
Reason: Because he was not trained and dont feel like he
is capable of doing what they need him to do.
Evidence: neo has doubts after he talks to oracle.

yanais

Oct 18, 2011, 4:02:43 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:Ignorance is not Bliss
Reasons:Being Ignorant doesn't do anybody good
Evidence:At the end he ended up dead with no fame and no steak

alysi...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:03:13 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
i agree with your claim
> > or did he become the One through his actions (will)?- Hide quoted text -

dmeag...@aol.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:03:21 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim- i agree
Reason- neo question why people do or say.
Evidence- neo entered the network and saw how people communticated and
and showed their action.

On Oct 18, 3:51 pm, "preciousmelz...@aol.com"
> > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

sam

Oct 18, 2011, 4:03:22 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network

claim:Neo wanted to know the truth
Reason:He knew another world kinda exists so here is his chance to
know
Evidence;Going in the so-called ' future" was his way of getting
answer

frankie

Oct 18, 2011, 4:03:51 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I think it was by free will that he became the one
Reason: He fought hard nearly almost losing hes life to help out human
mankind.
Evidence: in the movie the women that can tell the future had said
neo was going to die. Not everyone thought he was the one, and also in
the begining of the movie he got beat up alot of the time later on
improving on his fighting skills.

hagar...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:04:52 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Neo shouldn't never took the red pill, other wise nothing of
what his living would be happening.
Reason: Neo thought that taking that red pill was going to change
everything.
Evidence: The people in the matrix where really weird and those guys
who follow Neo they were hard to kill, even though Neo was the one!

raid_hu...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:05:48 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:free will Neyo becomes the one from his actions.
Reason: because he defeated and saved Morpheus .
Evidence: he only had the strength to do what he did after he stared
to believe in him self and accept it.

Christian Serrano

Oct 18, 2011, 4:07:08 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
i agree with your claim

On Oct 18, 3:51 pm, "preciousmelz...@aol.com"

Miinnii

Oct 18, 2011, 4:07:09 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Morpheus believes Neo is The One ( the one who will be able to
fight the agents and help the human rebellion)
Reason: because they unplugged him at an older age rather than when he
was younger
Evidence:they brought him to the matrix knowing that he would be able
to win the battle with the agent

preciou...@aol.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:07:26 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:i agree with the blue pill
reason: because the place where he would of been less attacked and
less
dangerous was the real world where he belonged
evidence:beacause he was always in danger and with misterious people
in the matrix

Kiara

Oct 18, 2011, 4:09:16 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I agree thats true
Reason: it takes patients on the things you want in life its not to
say you
wont get it but eventually you will.
Evidence:neo choose to be the one but even though he they told him to
pick
the pill was gonna do the same thing nothing was gonna change.
> > or did he become the One through his actions (will)?- Hide quoted text -

Christopher Oquendo

Oct 18, 2011, 4:10:03 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Ignorance is bliss
Reason: Cypher betrays his companions to be reinserted into The
Matrix and be “someone important
Evidence: If he felt he wanted to do something better for his life in
this other world than why not betray his friends

masu...@yahoo.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:10:37 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim: i would choose the blue pill
reason: matrix was dangerous
evidence: neo was attracted to kill by agent.

raid_hu...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:12:17 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:I would choose to know the truth.
Reason: Because knowledge is better than ignorance.
Evidence: I would rather live in the sick world (THE TRUTH) than
living in a place were im just a battery and in the dark.

Kiara

Oct 18, 2011, 4:12:36 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: i agree
Reason: i would rather go back to the life im living then to go to
something not worth dieing for.
Evidence:even though they wanted to choose a pill if he wouldve choose
the blue one they wouldve killed him.

On Oct 18, 3:57 pm, "alysiad...@hotmail.com" <alysiad...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

bria...@univision.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:12:43 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network

On Oct 17, 6:23 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are You Living in The Matrix? Neo suspects from the beginning of the story
> that something is wrong with his world: that he is somehow controlled or
> manipulated into believing things that are not true. The Wachowski brothers
> (the writers and directors of the film) had to get the idea that we might be
> living in a fake world from somewhere; and, in fact, The Matrix resonated
> with audiences who rarely watch science fiction. Are we living in The
> Matrix? Are you? How do you know?

i dont think we live in a matrix i dont think they created the blue
and red pill. this movie caught the audience eyes because it was
different and original from the rest cool stunts combined with state
of the art special effects and also the costumes were eye catching
if we did live in a matrix i would not wanna wake up and be dirty
eating bad food so far im doing fine in this world attending school
and eating what i want but the reality is that matrix is science
fiction because i dont see anything wrong with the world

Cece099

Oct 18, 2011, 4:12:52 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I agree
Reason: it is always your choices that shape your life not what your
are destined to be
Evidence: the oracle tells neo that morpheus will die, but with his
actions n choices he said morpheus and everyone else

rosalynn

Oct 18, 2011, 4:13:05 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim- I would of choosed the BLUE pill.
Reason- Reason why is because i want to live my own life, and not
experince such a horrifying life.
Evidence- Neo life was always in danger when he took the red pill.

Jonathan Sanchez

Oct 18, 2011, 4:13:11 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
I agree with your claim that Neo did not believe in himself. Reason
why he doesn't because he feels they are asking to much of him. My
evidence is when he tries to ignore Morpheus and the agents come after
him.
> > or did he become the One through his actions (will)?- Hide quoted text -

dmeag...@aol.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:14:25 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim- i agree
Reason- neo fought the agents for mankind of earth
Evidence- he proved to morpheus he was the one and that he was the one
that can save earth

Miinnii

Oct 18, 2011, 4:15:01 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
I agree with this claim because knowing the truth is better than
living a lie, or going along with a lie the truth will help you rather
than lies

<preciousmelz...@aol.com> wrote:
> claim:discover the truth no matter how bad.good.different it is
> reason:because you will always wonder why you didnt go and why people
> say what they do about it
> evidence:because when alice got to that diffrent universe she went
> back home with a lesson learned she knew something new
> and neo had his own opinon on things not what others said.

hagar...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:16:15 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: i totally agree that he should took the blue pill.
Reason: it was dangerous but Morpheus explain to him what happen if he
took one of them and he decide to take the red one.
Evidence:he was being follow because those three guys needed to kill
Neo but it was impossible because he finally discover that he has the
ability to defend himself.

On Oct 18, 3:57 pm, "alysiad...@hotmail.com" <alysiad...@hotmail.com>

raid_hu...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:16:17 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: It is unethical but in Cypher's place its not.
Reason : because he couldn't adapt and except it.
Evidence: Morpheus said that it is wrong to unplug some one after he
reached a certain limit of age and that's what happened with Cypher.

sam

Oct 18, 2011, 4:16:24 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:I think Morpheus knew Neo was the one from the beginning
Reason:I think the oracle had send them out to seek Neo being she know
everything
Evidence: Because of Neo the so-called "future" was save

Jonathan Sanchez

Oct 18, 2011, 4:17:49 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
I agree with your claim that Neo become "The One" because of his
actions. My reasoning is that if he would of choose not to be "The
One" that would of been the end of that and he would of went back to
his normal life. My evidence is when they asked him to choose between
the red or blue pill.

On Oct 18, 4:05 pm, "raid_hussein...@hotmail.com"

Cece099

Oct 18, 2011, 4:18:43 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I agree
reason: he wanted to know the real truth instead of this lie
Evidence: going with morpheus to the "future"

alysi...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:20:04 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:i agree with your claim he shouldnt of taking the red pill
Reason:maybe he took it because he wanted to see the matrix
Evidence:The people was kindvery hard to kill i agree with that claim

On Oct 18, 4:04 pm, "hagarna...@hotmail.com" <hagarna...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

Miinnii

Oct 18, 2011, 4:20:15 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
I agree with you claim
the reason is because i wouldn't want to forget something that i just
learn, i might need it in the near future
Evidence: like learning how to give CPR, i wouldn't want to forget it
cause i might be encounter with someone who will need me to give them
CPR

sam

Oct 18, 2011, 4:21:43 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:choosing the pill is your choice(blue/red)
Reason:Which ever you chose you would not remember the life you had or
one you about to choose
Evidence:Morpheus told Neo the path behind which ever decision he made
and he didn't remember his life in
his world

On Oct 18, 4:01 pm, Christian Serrano <christianserrano...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> claim: i will choose the blue pill
> reason: matrix was dangerous
> evidence: neo was attack by agent always

alysi...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:22:36 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
i agree because he did feel like he wasnt train ..

On Oct 18, 4:01 pm, Kiara <brooklynhone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claim: Morpheus feel neo i the one but neo doesnt think so.
> Reason: Because he was not trained and dont feel like he
> is capable of doing what they need him to do.
> Evidence: neo has doubts after he talks to oracle.
>
> On Oct 17, 6:25 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Fate or Free Will? Morpheus believes Neo is The One (the one who will be
> > able to fight the Agents and help the human rebellion). Neo, however, has
> > doubts, especially after his discussion with the Oracle. Cypher does not
> > believe he is the one when he tries to kill him. Later we learn that Trinity
> > believes he is The One because she loves him. Was Neo always the One (fate),
> > or did he become the One through his actions (will)?- Hide quoted text -

yanais

Oct 18, 2011, 4:23:43 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
I disagree because he learned something he would of never known and
what he
was capable of it was like a new experience.

On Oct 18, 4:04 pm, "hagarna...@hotmail.com" <hagarna...@hotmail.com>

hagar...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:24:59 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: i agree with the blue pill too
Reason: he would be attacked less but probably he would be dead by now
if he did not learn all those techniques.
Evidence: yup he was always in danger and most of the people try to
attack him.

On Oct 18, 4:07 pm, "preciousmelz...@aol.com"

hagar...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:26:06 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
i totally agree with your claim, reasons and evidence.:)

rosalynn

Oct 18, 2011, 4:30:57 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
This claim is true, because i beleive you should always decide whats
good for you.
I Wouldnt want to live in a world full of lies to then realize you
could of lived better.
> > > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

chan

Oct 18, 2011, 5:08:20 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Nope, there is no such thing as the matrix, (a parallel
universe may be) but not matrix.
Reason: There is 7billion people out there, not a single one of them
know that this world is not real? however, I can't really say what is
real or not because I don't know either..
Evidence: In the movie the matrix, Neo is the only person that fly. No
one seem to find thats weird. if i see superman fly by ill shoot him
down

Dr. J

Oct 18, 2011, 7:13:33 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
So if you choose the Blue Pill, the Matrix is no longer dangerous?

Dr. J

Oct 18, 2011, 7:16:52 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I agree that Neo chooses to be the One
Reason: Choice seems to be a major theme of the film.
Evidence: The Oracle tells him he is not the One, and that maybe he is
waiting for something.
Evidence: He decides to save Morpheus despite all odds.
Evidence: He decides to fight Agent Smith despite all odds.

On Oct 18, 4:01 pm, Jonathan Sanchez <jsanchez2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claim: There is no such thing in fate only free will.
> Reason:That if you will/want something in your life you will
> eventually get it as long as you try.
> Evidence: When Neo choose to become "The One" and help Morpheus fight
> the agents because before that he was told to choose not that he will
> be it no matter what happens.

minsun park

Oct 18, 2011, 7:19:43 PM10/18/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Claim: yes, I am living in th Matrix.
Reason: there are many incident that people want to keep in secreat. some people beilve     that some turth are not needed to reveal for peace.
Evidence: there was a TV quiz show " twenty one" in America, the show was popular even the winner were getting popualr as a star. however, one of winner reveal the secert of the show that the producer offered the qestions and answer before the show. people got realy disappointed becuse  the show was hope for poor people. They beilved if you tried to hard you could have a chance as the show winner. due to the revealing, people dicresed their affort to working and studying.

lizaaa

Oct 18, 2011, 7:20:29 PM10/18/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Claim: If I were neo I'd choose the blue pill
Reason: That life would of been less dangerous for him
Evidence: Agents were trying to kill him

Dr. J

Oct 18, 2011, 7:21:32 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: Choice seems to be a major theme of the film.
Reason: Neo has to make tons of choices.
Evidence: To take the Red Pill or Blue Pill.
Evidence: Save Morpheus or not?
Evidence: Fight the Agents or not?
Evidence: And it seems like he chooses to live in the end.

zahidul alam

Oct 18, 2011, 7:23:32 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
hi avinash. I am disagree with you.
Claim: I think chosing red pill shoud be the correct decition.
Reason: neo is living a fake world. matrix world might be dangerous
but atleast you can feel what you see.
Evidence: You said in matrix neo's life is in danger. So taking blue
pills will trap neo's life in matrix forever. Also in matrix agent can
kill neo anytime.

lam...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 7:23:56 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I would take the Blue Pill.

Reasons: The matrix was a prison with out choices.

Evidence: a) After Neo took the blue pill, he woke up in a place where
all humans were asleep
without making any movement.
b) The agents could get inside anyone's body.

lourdes

Oct 18, 2011, 7:24:00 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
i agree that neo was living in the matrix .
reason: because he just want to know how's the real world.
evidence:the matrix was only a science and everything was realistic.

Dr. J

Oct 18, 2011, 7:24:25 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I think I disagree because living a lie is also not fun.
Reason: People always seem to know that things "aren't right" no
matter what they want to believe.
Evidence: I once thought a some people were my friends, but then I
learned they were trying to be friends with me because they thought I
could help them to study for a class. I would not want to just
"forget" that. I had to learn from it.

On Oct 18, 4:12 pm, Kiara <brooklynhone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claim: i agree
> Reason: i would rather go back to the life im living then to go to
> something not worth dieing for.
> Evidence:even though they wanted to choose a pill if he wouldve choose
> the blue one they wouldve killed him.
>
> On Oct 18, 3:57 pm, "alysiad...@hotmail.com" <alysiad...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Claim:i would choose the blue pill
> > Reason:the matrix is very dangerous
> > Evidence:neo was being follow and they try to kill him
>
> > On Oct 17, 6:23 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Red Pill or Blue Pill? Morpheus offers Neo a choice: take the Blue Pill and
> > > hole goes” (a reference to the book Alice in Wonderland, where a little girl
> > > discovers an insane, and often horrifying, alternate universe). Which would
> > > you choose? To discover the truth no matter how terrible, or to stick to
> > > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

Camilo Keane

Oct 18, 2011, 7:25:37 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
CLAIM: Morpheus believes Neo is The One (the one who will be
able to fight the Agents and help the human rebellion).
REASON: Because the Oracle prophesied that Neo will be the One
EVIDENCE: Neo at the end he fights the agents.

mariama

Oct 18, 2011, 7:25:58 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: i believe that Neo was the one.
Reasons: because, Morpheus have had quite a few companions that he
inserted
in the matrix and he was still looking for the one who
will be able to fight the
agents and help the human rebellion.
Evidence: Eventhough Neo had doubts, he had a good will to go forward.

Dr. J

Oct 18, 2011, 7:26:25 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I agree with you Cece about Neo
Reason: Neo seems to have to choose to become more than just "another
guy"
Evidence: He has to choose to escape the Matrix (and he fails once).

On Oct 18, 4:12 pm, Cece099 <Tracy.Anto...@live.lagcc.cuny.edu> wrote:
> Claim: I agree
> Reason: it is always your choices that shape your life not what your
> are destined to be
> Evidence: the oracle tells neo that morpheus will die, but with his
> actions n choices he said morpheus and everyone else
>
> On Oct 18, 4:01 pm, Jonathan Sanchez <jsanchez2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Claim: There is no such thing in fate only free will.
> > Reason:That if you will/want something in your life you will
> > eventually get it as long as you try.
> > Evidence: When Neo choose to become "The One" and help Morpheus fight
> > the agents because before that he was told to choose not that he will
> > be it no matter what happens.

Lenora

Oct 18, 2011, 7:26:27 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Are You Living in The Matrix?
CLAIM: We are not living in the Matrix because the Matrix was movie
that was made up it's a story that came from somone mine.

REASON: My reason for saying that is becuase if we were living in the
Matrix I think that life would be a bit better, then what we are
living now, no wars, crime, homelessness if we going to life a Matrix
type life it would be a great one I think.

EVEDENCE: That reality is hard, we see it everyday and we as men
question everything a round use and I trully know for fact the Matrix
would have gotten outed by now, We would have found our Morpheus and
we all would a be a part of his group to take out the Matrix.

zahidul alam

Oct 18, 2011, 7:27:55 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
hi yanais, I agreed with you.
Claim: it is true that Ignorance is not Bliss.
Reasons:Ignorant doesnt make people feel good.
Evidence:At the end neo end up dead with no fame and no steak.

On Oct 18, 4:02 pm, yanais <noreli...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Claim:Ignorance is not Bliss
> Reasons:Being Ignorant doesn't do anybody good
> Evidence:At the end he ended up dead with no fame and no steak
>
> On Oct 17, 6:24 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Is Ignorance Bliss? Cypher betrays his companions to be reinserted into The
> > Matrix and be “someone important.” “Ignorance is bliss,” he says while
> > eating a steak that he admits is not real. What do you think of his choice?
> > Is it unethical to want to “unlearn” something once you know? Once you know
> > the truth, do you want to forget it?- Hide quoted text -

lourdes

Oct 18, 2011, 7:28:11 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:why morpheus give the blue pill to him.
reason:because i think he wants to go back to his real life
and see how far he goes to the world.
evidence:i would choose to go back to my real life and go back where i
belong to.

Sharon Yun Chen

Oct 18, 2011, 7:29:27 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Fate or will
Claim: I think Neo was the one even though Oracle confirmed that he
wasn’t the one.
Reason: There were several reasons which proved that he was the one.
Evidence: Even though Cypher tries to kill Neo, Neo is still alive.
And Trinity was told by Oracle that she is going to fall in love with
the one. And she really loves and cares about Neo. When Agents try
to kill Morpheus, Neo was the one who save him and help him out. In
the end of Movie, Neo has been killed by Agents, but he was eventually
reborn and destroyed agents.

Lenora

Oct 18, 2011, 7:32:19 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
CLAIM: I think I would have taken that Red pill

REASON: Because human being must of the time want to know the turth

EVIDENCE: To me the the Matrix is living a lie, no matter how bad
things are I want to know what kind of life I am really living. I
need to live every painful experience and moment.

lizaaa

Oct 18, 2011, 7:33:58 PM10/18/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
Claim: I agree with your claim
Reason: When you want something you work hard for it. Nothing is handed to you.
Evidence: Neo chose to become " The One "

zahidul alam

Oct 18, 2011, 7:34:48 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
hi hagarnadia, I disagreed with you.

Claim:choosing red pill by neo was right decition. because he is the
one who can change everything.

Reason: Neo did the right decition because he saved people from living
fake world.

Evidence:it is true that people who are living in the matrix they are
kind of wierd
but atleast they are living real world.and because of neo they got
their freedom.

wrote:
> Claim: Neo shouldn't never took the red pill, other wise nothing of
> what his living would be happening.
> Reason: Neo thought that taking that red pill was going to change
> everything.
> Evidence: The people in the matrix where really weird and those guys
> who follow Neo they were hard to kill, even though Neo was the one!
>
> On Oct 17, 6:23 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Red Pill or Blue Pill? Morpheus offers Neo a choice: take the Blue Pill and
> > hole goes” (a reference to the book Alice in Wonderland, where a little girl
> > discovers an insane, and often horrifying, alternate universe). Which would
> > you choose? To discover the truth no matter how terrible, or to stick to
> > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

Jenniffer

Oct 18, 2011, 7:36:14 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network

CLAIM: To know the truth is an advantage
REASON: To be aware living in the reality is a tool that people can
use to fight more confident against situations.
EVIDENCE: Through the truth, in the Matrix movie, Neo could find the
ability and identity to fight against that horrible reality

lam...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 7:37:42 PM10/18/11
to truth-reality-...@googlegroups.com
I agre with your claim. It's always better to iknow the truth.
Otherwise, Neo would always had doubts about it.
When Trinity maade contact with said that she felt the same and had the same questions as him.

ki hong

Oct 18, 2011, 7:38:34 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I would discover the truth no matter how terrible it is.

Reason: It is because everything that will appear in our life is
unknown and cannot expected. Also, everything has their dangerous
side. But, if we just stick to what you know, you can never be
improved and you are just lying to yourself. Therefore, when you know
something new, you need to go through it and find out the truth. Then,
you can learn more than you can expected.

Evidence: For example, when i was in high school, one of my classmates
always tease on me. One day, i asked her the reason why she hated me.
Finally, i knew that there was a misunderstanding between two of us.
Then, we solved the problem and became a good friend. Even I knew that
maybe the friendship between us would become woresn if i asked her the
truth. At least, i know if i just keep on hiding her, our problem
could not be solved. Therefore, everything has it good or bad side,
so no matter what the result is, we should find out the truth first.

lourdes

Oct 18, 2011, 7:38:35 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:why he wants to be someone important.
reason:because he just realized that in the world he is
it's not real anymore.
evidence:i think he's choice can be unlearn but at the same time it;s
very
difficult for him that knowing that everything he sees it's not real.

Candy

Oct 18, 2011, 7:39:22 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim; Neo was the one through his actions.
Reason; The Oracle told him just what he wanted to hear.
Evidence; He knew he was the one when he started to believe in reality.

mariama

Oct 18, 2011, 7:40:42 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: in my opnion ignorance doesn't bliss, however to Cypher its
bliss.
Reasons: because if i have a lack of knowing something i won't get
extreme happiness
of not knowing it. and i think once you know the truth
don't let it go. try to keep
it in your mind for life.
Evidence: Cypher has already choosen that place, so he has to accept
the consequences.

Camilo Keane

Oct 18, 2011, 7:41:01 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
CLAIM: I agree
REASON: because the Oracle prophesied that Neo will be the One
EVIDENCE: Morpheus knew in advance that Neo will be the One

On Oct 18, 4:16 pm, sam <samanthanls...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Claim:I think Morpheus knew Neo was the one from the beginning
> Reason:I think the oracle had send them out to seek Neo being she know
> everything
> Evidence: Because of Neo the so-called "future" was save
>
> On Oct 18, 4:01 pm, Kiara <brooklynhone...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Claim: Morpheus feel neo i the one but neo doesnt think so.
> > Reason: Because he was not trained and dont feel like he
> > is capable of doing what they need him to do.
> > Evidence: neo has doubts after he talks to oracle.
>
> > On Oct 17, 6:25 pm, "Dr. X" <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Fate or Free Will? Morpheus believes Neo is The One (the one who will be
> > > able to fight the Agents and help the human rebellion). Neo, however, has
> > > doubts, especially after his discussion with the Oracle. Cypher does not
> > > believe he is the one when he tries to kill him. Later we learn that Trinity
> > > believes he is The One because she loves him. Was Neo always the One (fate),
> > > or did he become the One through his actions (will)?- Hide quoted text -

Lenin Galarza

Oct 18, 2011, 7:43:53 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim; take the red pill and discover the truth
Reason: discover the truth no matter how terrible
Evidence: living the real life with problems and happiness

Maiko Sugi

Oct 18, 2011, 7:44:00 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: which pill would you take? (Blue or Red)
I prefer taking a blue pill.

reason: I would like to know the truth.

I prefer discovering a truth all the time because i dont get hurt
easily even though the truth is terrible. I have been through a lot of
experience and i found out that i got the strength to survive from
tough time.

lam...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2011, 7:44:13 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
So Lenora that means the blue pill right?!?
> > what you know?- Hide quoted text -

Candy

Oct 18, 2011, 7:44:21 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim; I believe I am living in the Matrix
reason; Not everything I hear I agree with
evidence; my actions are controlled by rules and regulation.

mariama

Oct 18, 2011, 8:00:57 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: i would choose the blue pill.
Reason: because i don't want to discover a world that looks like the
one that
Morpheus has shown to Neo."the future"
Evidence: Neo had good life before he gets into the matrix.

Sharon Yun Chen

Oct 19, 2011, 4:50:33 PM10/19/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim: I would like to take the red pill whether the Matrix is
dangerous or not.
Reason: because I want to see this real world to find the truth no
matter how terriable it is.
Evidence: I am curious about who is controlling my life and leading my
head. In my life, eveyrthing is arranged by my parents, so I want to
jump out of my current life to see what happens in the other way.

wrote:
> claim: i will choose the blue pill
> reason: matrix was dangerous
> evidence: neo was attack by agent always
>
> On Oct 18, 3:46 pm, avinash singh <anthonys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Claim- I would have chosen the blue pill.
> > Reason- The matrix was a dangerous place.
> > Evidence- Neos life was always in danger. The agents were trying to kill
> > him.- Hide quoted text -

imdat...@aim.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:02:33 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:true he did became the one by his action and he start beliving
in his self
reason:that's true but sometimes the oracle is not always right.it
seems how she predicts
evidence: when Trinity kiss kiss him he saw the truth and believes in
his self

On Oct 18, 3:44 pm, Christian Serrano <christianserrano...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> claim: neo become the one through his action
> reason: the oracle tell him the truth
> evidence: he become the one when he start to believe in himself

imdat...@aim.com

Oct 18, 2011, 3:57:20 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
Claim:Morpheus think Neo is the one so i believe it to but neo don't
believe it but he believe it after that fights the agents and that he
loves Trinity.that's why he believe he the one.
REASON:.he saw the truth when Trinity kiss Neo and that's what made he
think different about the Matrix.And that's how he won the battle by
fighting the agents.
EVIDENCE:when Neo fought the agents the agents back off for a
while.And everybody believes that he the One.

imdat...@aim.com

Oct 18, 2011, 4:10:54 PM10/18/11
to Truth, Reality, and You Network
claim:i will choose the red pill
reason: to help the people that belives that me if i can save the
universe.
Evidence:everybody thinks you the One and the only one that can save
the universe