Volunteer for Development

Kunal Shetye

Oct 3, 2011, 7:28:46 AM10/3/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I just saw the tweet by Nuno Linhares, about PowerTools for Tridion 2011.

I would like to try and help in development process of the PowerTools.

Eagerly awaiting reply.

Thanks,
Kunal Shetye.

Peter Kjaer

Oct 4, 2011, 9:53:35 AM10/4/11
to Tridion PowerTools
That's great - thanks for volunteering!

It's still early days for us, so there are a couple of things we need
to put in place to make it easy to contribute.
We're working on it :)

We will get back to you with details soon!

Vikas Kumar

Oct 4, 2011, 10:03:04 AM10/4/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I can also contribute. Let me know how can I contribute.

Thanks,
Vikas Kumar

Nuno Linhares

Oct 4, 2011, 12:10:25 PM10/4/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, vikas...@gmail.com
Hi,

Thanks for the offer to contribute, much appreciated.

We're currently working on a "getting started with PowerTool development" tutorial so that you (and others) can contribute in a structured manner. You'll hear from us in the coming days.

Thanks,

Nuno

Raul Escudero

Oct 5, 2011, 4:13:32 AM10/5/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm Raúl Escudero from Spain,
and I would like to help in this project of the PowerTools.

Thanks

Kunle Daramola

Oct 10, 2011, 5:22:19 PM10/10/11
to Tridion PowerTools
Hi Peter thanks for pointing me to this thread, I will also like to
contribute.
Kunle

Mihai Cadariu

Oct 10, 2011, 9:45:22 PM10/10/11
to Tridion PowerTools
+1

Angel Puntero

Oct 11, 2011, 2:11:18 AM10/11/11
to Tridion PowerTools
Hi there!

Looks like a promising project.

I would also like to contribute, just let us know when you have
everything set up.

Thanks
Ángel

Vesa Paakkanen

Oct 17, 2011, 4:31:57 AM10/17/11
to Tridion PowerTools
Hi all,

I'm also interested in contributing in any way I can :) Probably my
biggest contributions will be for development tasks.

Ps. Referring to Nuno's blog post I also have some experience on
usability (studied it for ~2-3 years, so still far from expert) so I
might also be able to contribute something on that side.

Cheers,
Vesa Paakkanen

Christine Mitchell

Oct 18, 2011, 4:26:55 PM10/18/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I found this group while searching for some Tridion info on Nuno Linhares blog.  I read his post about development for PowerTools 2011 where it said "Design the behavior of the next powertools. As it is now, this project is full of development geeks, but severely lacking on usability experts or actual powertool users. We could certainly use some help from a Functional point of view."

I would like to volunteer to help with that. I'm a Tridion user with a Webmaster role and heavily use Tridion every day. I am also a Usability Analyst so I could do some requirements definition from a functional point of view. I've been trying to get more use out of the PowerTools in our 2009 version and would love to see what's coming in 2011. Let me know if I can help.

Alvin Reyes

Oct 18, 2011, 4:57:16 PM10/18/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Vesa as a "Committer" with an interest in development and to Christine as a "Contributor" on design, analysis, and usability.

Christine, I added additional permissions for you for wiki and file uploading. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even start a Wiki page on testing ideas or add info/comments where you're comfortable.

Beyond the initial release we're focusing on Component Synchronizer and Page Publisher. Everyone can help by reviewing the tasks, building out requirements, and bringing our discussion on standards from here to the wiki (we already have lots of good points on naming conventions, following "Uncle Bob" Martin, etc).

If you're raring to code, go for it with:

Thanks to all for the development work, requirements gathering/analysis , and sharing the social-media-powered love (Google says it's starting to work: http://www.wdyl.com/#Tridion+PowerTools). The Tweets, posts, and invites are definitely helping us grow the team and build awareness of the project.

dylan.home

Oct 20, 2011, 4:17:24 AM10/20/11
to Tridion PowerTools
Hey Alvin / Others,

Working for Amaze, a Manchester based agency (actually working in
Brussels), and after spending some holiday time with John Winter
getting (or starting to get!) to grips with the 2011 core etc. he
recommended I checkout the group. As a user of the Power Tools in the
former instances of Tridion certainly appreciate their usefulness and
would very much like to contribute to the group in anyway possible.

Happy to contribute in a development capacity (see this is a great
opportunity to start to get to grips with 2011!) and stick my two-
penneth in on matters of analysis, UI/Usability etc.

Do let me know if I can help at all.

Cheers
Dylan

On Oct 18, 10:57 pm, Alvin Reyes <reyes.alv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome Vesa as a "Committer" with an interest in development and to
> Christine as a "Contributor" on design, analysis, and usability.
>
> Christine, I added additional permissions for you for wiki and file
> uploading. Feel free to browse the site and maybe even start a Wiki page on
> testing ideas or add info/comments where you're comfortable.
>
> Beyond the initial release we're focusing on Component Synchronizer and Page
> Publisher. Everyone can help by reviewing the *tasks*, building out *
> requirements*, and bringing our discussion on *standards *from here to the
> wiki (we already have lots of good points on naming conventions, following
> "Uncle Bob" Martin, etc).
>
>    -http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/Tasks
>    -http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/Standards(see
>    links to coding *and* design standards)
>    -
>    http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/ComponentSynch...
>
> If you're raring to code, go for it with:http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/nononsenseguide
>
> Thanks to all for the development work, requirements gathering/analysis ,
> and sharing the social-media-powered love (Google says it's starting to
> work:http://www.wdyl.com/#Tridion+PowerTools). The Tweets, posts, and
> invites are definitely helping us grow the team and build awareness of the
> project.
>
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Christine Mitchell <
>

> christine.mitch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
>
> > I found this group while searching for some Tridion info on Nuno Linhares
> > blog.  I read his post about development for PowerTools 2011 where it said
> > "Design the behavior of the next powertools. As it is now, this project is
> > full of development geeks, but *severely lacking on usability experts or
> > actual powertool users. We could certainly use some help from a Functional
> > point of view*."

Alvin Reyes

Oct 20, 2011, 9:00:47 AM10/20/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Dylan!

You should have access to http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/ now. Feel free to add yourself to the "tasks" page and read up on some notes on standards, tools, and when ready, the get-started (nu)no-nonsense guide. It might be due for an update from the last big code refactor.

Great to have you. Oh, and feel free to remind John to visit the site sometime. ;-)

Alvin

Dylan

Oct 20, 2011, 9:18:43 AM10/20/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Just nudged John now - when he's done a cuppa tea for us he will do so! :)

Hao Houang

Nov 3, 2011, 2:45:45 PM11/3/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
count me in.  Would be a fun project and great learning experience =)

Nuno

Nov 3, 2011, 3:01:32 PM11/3/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Hao!

Let us know if you can't get started properly. I'll add you to the PowerTools skype group, prepare to be flooded.

Alvin Reyes

Nov 3, 2011, 3:50:15 PM11/3/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome! Lots to learn, help out with, and break. It'll be fun.

Mario van der Hoeven-Riesebos

Nov 5, 2011, 2:47:36 AM11/5/11
to Tridion PowerTools
Hi!

I'd love to join the powertools community. (Testing, documenting &
development)

Cheers,
Mario

Alvin Reyes

Nov 5, 2011, 5:46:46 AM11/5/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome latest members!

Check out:
http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/, specifically the tasks and requirements pages list what we're working on now/next.

We're in the process of evolving Nuno's No Nonsense guide into a Developer Toolkit of sorts. If you're technical and want to follow and understand the code follow the whole guide. If you'd like to just preview the existing tools, then get latest, create the virtual directories, and configure the tool but stop before copying/editing code. Bonus points if you expand the guide with useful comments, feedback, or updates.

And for anyone that's following but hasn't had a chance to build the project, update the wiki, or has any issues with access to the Google Code site please let us know. The project will be here a long time, so we could use your help now, but you're welcome to drop-in later if you can't participate just yet.

Hao Houang

Nov 7, 2011, 4:09:04 PM11/7/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nuno, i'll be sure to ask if I have problems getting set up =)

PJ

Nov 23, 2011, 9:22:09 AM11/23/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Count me in :)

Alvin Reyes

Nov 23, 2011, 11:05:37 AM11/23/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Welcome!

Take a look at what we're working on:
http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/Tasks

The home page has announcements:
http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/wiki/Tasks

Check out the guide when you're ready.

And feel free to reply for any questions--if you reply by email the whole group gets the announcement (and it's posted to the forum).

Do you go by "PJ?"

Alvin

On Nov 23, 2011, at 6:22, PJ <peterjan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Count me in :)

HansC

Dec 6, 2011, 10:16:56 AM12/6/11
to Tridion PowerTools
I'm going to have a go as well..

Alvin Reyes

Dec 6, 2011, 12:27:56 PM12/6/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, Tridion PowerTools
Welcome, Hans!

Let us know if you're interested in any particular tool or aspect of GUI extensions or if you have any questions.

Get the source from Google Code:
http://code.google.com/p/tridion-2011-power-tools/

Follow the FlowDock (like a modern IRC):
https://powertools.flowdock.com/invitations/95cbb928d8bd132a537357de32d028f80722aa8a-main

(note: replies to this email group get posted automatically)

Loved your tweet, btw, on teaching
"0.000000593136898 percent of the population how to use SDL"

Alvin

Julian Wraith

Dec 7, 2011, 3:59:32 PM12/7/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com, tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
Woohoo Hans :)

Sent from my iPod

Philippe CONIL

Dec 12, 2011, 8:23:54 PM12/12/11
to tridion-p...@googlegroups.com
I guess I am late, but the party does not seem to be over!
I am having issues installing the powertool on the PE. can you add me to the skype group plz?

Cheers.

Frank van Puffelen

Dec 12, 2011, 9:10:13 PM12/12/11
to Tridion PowerTools
It's never too late for new joiners with new energy. :-)

I added you to the Skype group, but most of the conversation has moved
over to our flow at: https://powertools.flowdock.com/flows/main

Frank van Puffelen

Dec 12, 2011, 9:24:13 PM12/12/11
to Tridion PowerTools