NIF/CIF What are these?

Mac

Jan 17, 2008, 1:24:40 PM1/17/08
to Travel Spain
Attempting to buy an item from a Spanish website recently, one of the
compulsory fields was 'NIF/CIF' I couldn't get any further, because
I didn't what these meant (It wasn't the Codigo Postal). So what
should I have put here?

I managed to get my purchase from another Spanish online bookshop,
which didn't ask for this, so it can't be essential information.

Saludos

Mac

Roger Warwick

Jan 17, 2008, 1:29:52 PM1/17/08
to trave...@googlegroups.com
They are fiscal identification numbers.

NIF = Número de Identificación Fiscal (for individuals)
CIF = Certificado de Identificación Fiscal (for companies)

It's a Spanish thing ;-)

If you couldn't even put your passport number in that field to get
past it, then this is very short-sighted of that particular company,
who obviously only wants to cater to the Spanish market, rather than
go international.

Roger

http://www.GoMadrid.com - Madrid City Guide

Clive

Jan 17, 2008, 1:54:06 PM1/17/08
to trave...@googlegroups.com
If you are not from Spain or havea busines shere then you probably could
not put anything here :-)

Nif is what in the Uk would be the National Insurance number for a n
individual. You can get them by registering at the municipal police
stations where you are in reality getting permission to work.

Cif is the version for companies.

You can work here validly without a Cif and do it autonomo (or self
employed if you like)but never without a NIF

Reagrds

"Helping you create successful events in Spain"

Saludos

Mac

17/01/2008 11:12

Mac

Jan 18, 2008, 6:01:17 PM1/18/08
to Travel Spain

> You can work here validly without a Cif and do it autonomo (or self
> employed if you like)but never without a NIF
Ocultar texto de la cita -

> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Thank you Roger and Clive. I wasn't trying to get a job, only buy a
book! I still don't see why it was being asked for, as the other
site made no mention of it.

Mac

Conference Coordinator Spain

Jan 19, 2008, 9:33:13 AM1/19/08
to trave...@googlegroups.com
Lol, No, rarely is there the need to ask for it. Automated tools for
making contact forms I suspect.

Hope it was/is a good book ;-)

"Helping you create successful events in Spain"

> Lol, No, rarely is there the need to ask for it. Automated tools for
> making contact forms I suspect.
>
> Hope it was/is a good book ;-)

Well, it wasn't actually a book, but my favourite 'día por díá'
calendar - the 1980's Argentinian strip cartoon 'Mafalda' - a bit like
'Peanuts' but rather more philosophical and political. In fact, I´m
surprised that 'Quino', the originator, wasn't arrested for some of
things that Mafalda and her friends said about the government. After
all, a lot of people did disappear.

Anyway, it gives me a smile every morning and helps keep up the
Spanish.

Saludos

Mac

iee19...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2013, 2:28:06 AM7/4/13
to trave...@googlegroups.com
   i wanna know something about that ,too
because i'm trying to search a company in Spain

thx

Mac於 2008年1月18日星期五UTC+8上午2時24分40秒寫道:

Roger Warwick

Jul 4, 2013, 3:09:40 AM7/4/13
to trave...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This discussion was continued here:

Roger.

Randy Ramsey

Mar 30, 2016, 12:02:09 PM3/30/16
to Travel Spain
Sorry for the intrusion on this old discussion but I have a situation that maybe one of you can suggest a path to get the information I'm trying to obtain.

When I was 12 years old my parents working as civilians for the US government were stationed in Zaragoza, Spain.  To make a long story short, we lived in the city itself and I made friends with some neighborhood children.

After a few years my parents were transferred again out of the country but came back in another transfer to Spain three years later, this time to Seville.  Before moving permanently to Seville we made it a point to visit our friends in Zaragoza.  Unfortunately the visit was short as I had to leave for college in the US.

Just due to youth and college we lost touch with each other and now 55 years later I have the opportunity to visit Zaragoza again and I'm trying to find these friends.  But 55 years later my memory is not what it used to be (if ever) and I can't remember their last names.  But I do remember the address where they lived.  So I'm trying to somehow obtain hopefully a census of who lived at that address, i.e., parents and children, in order to jog my memory.  And I realize that 55 years later any and/or all of these people could have moved out of the city, country, etc.  But I'd like to try, and I have been for some time now with no success.

I also realize that in today's world this may be sensitive information but I've got to give it a try as it would be fantastic to get back in touch with these people.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Randy Ramsey

Roger Warwick

Mar 30, 2016, 12:07:38 PM3/30/16
to trave...@googlegroups.com
You could try the White pages:

Roger.

Linda

Mar 30, 2016, 2:22:58 PM3/30/16
to Travel Spain
Use the power of Facebook to find your friends.  Look for people/schools/Zaragosa/other places whose last names you might remember and ask the site administrator to share a posting you will write.  Or you could use social networks which may be of more interest to the Spanish population.  Use Craig's List.  Use Google.  Use the internet.  Linda Byard

krishna k

Mar 31, 2016, 2:32:52 AM3/31/16
to trave...@googlegroups.com
-Its been a long time since there i receive a thread now.. Seems like it has become farely easy to travel to Spain. Though Visa still stands to be obstacle difficult to cross for many... By luck i could make it in January few months back and it was a just awesome to see such a contrast from India to Spain.. The people are kind and its different altogether the roads, stores,  tapas bars etcetera.. It left me a lot of desire to just come back again soon...

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:51 PM, Linda <le...@cornell.edu> wrote:
Use the power of Facebook to find your friends.  Look for people/schools/Zaragosa/other places whose last names you might remember and ask the site administrator to share a posting you will write.  Or you could use social networks which may be of more interest to the Spanish population.  Use Craig's List.  Use Google.  Use the internet.  Linda Byard

Suzan James

Apr 1, 2016, 10:36:45 AM4/1/16
to trave...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randy

I don't know if it would be possible to get information from the Padron - it's a register of local voters and maintained by the Ayuntamiento.

Second thought, there might be a local business - shop or a bar say - that would remember them.
Use Google Street View to "walk" (virtually) down the local street and look for possibilities, then Google the names of any bar you think might be likely to get a phone number - or even a website - where you could ask a question.

Good luck with your quest

Sue