Accom. Spain

1 view

yt...@hotmail.com

Aug 18, 2006, 8:42:10 AM8/18/06
to Travel Spain
Hola a todos,

Further to my recent info about ground travel in Spain I now have the
info compiled about our accom in the 15 cities and 1 pueblo, in Excel
form. I am going to send it to Roger Warwick who included the ground
travel info into the Group and who will give you the info link, as
there is no direct facility for attachments.

All the accom is based on a double room with private bathroom.

I hope that you find it useful.

Regards, philip whitehead, Tasmania, Australia.

Roger Warwick

Aug 18, 2006, 1:10:40 PM8/18/06
to trave...@googlegroups.com
I'm on holiday at the moment, but will publish towards the end of next week.

Roger.

Roger

Aug 24, 2006, 4:37:51 AM8/24/06
to Travel Spain
Philip's useful accommodation recommendations are now published here

http://www.gomadrid.com/travelspain/spain-accommodation-2006.html

Roger.

Steve Wright

Sep 18, 2006, 3:18:40 PM9/18/06
to trave...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

Planning early for late May/mid-June visit to Asturias and Galicia.

We don't like changing hotels every other night, so we'll probably be anchored in Santiago de Compostela for Galicia, but trying to decide on Oviedo, Gijon, something less industrial/modernized?? for Asturias central location.

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.

Must see lists for the two regions are also sought.

And any insight into wheelchair-accessible properties gets you bonus admiration from the home office here in Miami.

Gracias,

Steve

Steve Wright
2330 SW 13 ST Miami, FL 33145
305/776-3231 mobile    305/285-4830 fax

stevew...@yahoo.com

Karen Sanchez

Sep 18, 2006, 4:16:18 PM9/18/06
to trave...@googlegroups.com
Hola!

We visited Asturias for the 1st time this summer. We spent 4 days in the Ribadesella area.  It was a very cute little town.  Some of the perks that might appeal to you:

1. we stayed at the apartamentos las vegas - neat, clean apts that are wheelchair accessible, ramp into the front door, very modern elevator

2. the city seems to be divided into the older section and the newer section on opposite sides of the river....the apts las vegas is in the older section. most of the streets on that end of town are all paved in and are pedestrian only --- other areas still have nice newer (wide) sidewalks - very chair friendly  (and kid friendly as we have 2 of them!)

3.  many (most?) of the restaurants have cafe tables outside, tons of them set up on the pedestrian streets, so you don't even have to navegate indoors....

I probably have some street pics somewhere if you 'd like to get a feel for the town I could email them to you.

karen
in NY