Let's protect the image of tour guide

winzaw oo5

Aug 13, 2010, 4:04:41 AM8/13/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear tour guides

I would like to discuss all of you about behave and manner when touring or leading the tourists.
We saw many tour guides(through out,other language speaking guides)at Mahargandaryon monastery in Amarapura,when they arrive at the enterance of main Dinnie hall,they tread as free of duty,stay away from their clients wherever they go whatever they do ,some block the lane,some smoking,some noise,some do not take off shoe in the building,some urgly photo to monk's face and food,some dress very short skirt &half blouse,some entering insight the eating room for group photos,some push to the monks line,in that time ,their tour guides change the phone number,asking room no.and hotel,appointment for dinner.smoking ,noisy talk and gossip each other.

I do not want to say negative of them but I really sad for it.
I doubt they really know about Buddhist monks,Mahargandaryon monastery&Vinyarya of monks.

I want to call our teacher Daw Tin Than Yu who never let they do like this in front of her.We need teacher Gyi for tourism health.

All of you ,think openly yourself,how the tour guide image in our country.Do local people love you?Most of tour guide are very proud and thought and tread as higher rank to local people.
I have many photos to prove you what I said.
Teach your student who want to become a tour guide,well.We believe,bad manner tour guide becomes from bad teacher.

We would like to announce to all the tour guides ,to take care your manner and give every information to your clients when you visit monastery and temples before enter the building,we,some of Mandalay local guides will be record by camera and will sent to this page and others.

Ko Nyi and friends ,

Do you agree our plan? We should do like this to protect our nature,culture and religious.
I really can not close my mouth,now.

Best&regards

wzo

Naung Naung Han

Aug 13, 2010, 6:05:32 AM8/13/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ko Win Zaw,

That's good idea. I think even some Tour Operators are neglecting these facts and they think that sitting in office and send the guide to airport to take care of group is ENOUGH. The manners of their guides are mainly responsible for the Tourism  and Myanmar Culture. Some guides are having continuous series of bookings and they could not even speak aloud. They said "My previous tour has just finished and I am very tired. I lost my voice." They could not tell their clients not to wear short skirts & half blouse as these are very annoying to MONKS.

There are always TWO SIDES. GOOD and BAD. I can't neither SHUT my MOUTH nor NEGLECT such things.

Thanks for the post,

Naung Naung Han

Radiant Tours & Travels
No. 311 (B), Thumingalar Road, (4) Ward,
South Okkalapa TSP, Yangon, MYANMAR.
Ph: ++ 95 1 560 855, 572 975, 706 117
Fax: ++ 95 1 560 855, 572 975
Email: in...@radiant.com.mm, radia...@gmail.com, radiant.r...@gmail.com
www.radianttours.com

Nyi Nyi ®

Aug 13, 2010, 8:55:06 AM8/13/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Pls do so, KWZO. We'll be grateful if you make this kind of awareness to our ignorant (de facto) guides.

Nyi Nyi

zaw tun

Aug 14, 2010, 12:15:57 AM8/14/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ko Win Zaw,
Congratulation and happy to know your program.
Have a nice day
ZNT

2010/8/13 winzaw oo5 <winz...@gmail.com>

Thanks,Merci

winzaw oo5

Aug 26, 2010, 1:50:53 AM8/26/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

Thanks for your support and we should be help together.

My bests

KWZO

>> travelmyanma...@googlegroups.com<travelmyanmar%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

paradigm787

Aug 27, 2010, 10:43:23 AM8/27/10
to Travel Myanmar (Tourism information, activities, idea exchange inside Burma)
Dear kwz
thanks for your idea,
we mention about your views,that is

>Most of tour guide are very proud and thought and
tread as higher rank to local people<<<<<<<

it's truly happen,

why they thinking like that?,altitude?

rgds
737

Nyi Nyi ®

Aug 27, 2010, 11:03:06 PM8/27/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
737, I would say " it's the total BS with capital B."

Empty vessels make most noise

Nyi Nyi

nicolas win

Aug 29, 2010, 9:04:41 PM8/29/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nyi Nyi

Thanks for your comment

But , problem is ........

not....      Non of or Some of

now.....   Most of.....

Rgds
737

Nyi Nyi ®

Aug 30, 2010, 9:06:09 AM8/30/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Oh My Goodness!! I'm OUTTA HERE!!
Nyi Nyi

nicolas win

Aug 31, 2010, 12:44:05 AM8/31/10
to travel...@googlegroups.com
ha...ha.....ha

thanks

rgds
737

super guide

Aug 31, 2010, 9:13:54 PM8/31/10
to Travel Myanmar (Tourism information, activities, idea exchange inside Burma)
Dear friend,
Altitude doesn't represent real attitude. But the real attitude can
send you to a certain level of altitude.
Thanks,
KKZ

super guide

Aug 31, 2010, 9:06:18 PM8/31/10
to Travel Myanmar (Tourism information, activities, idea exchange inside Burma)
Dear friend,

Please be more specified with such kind of issue in the future, you
mentioned many tour guides, 5 or 10 or 20 doing those bad behaviors at
the same time or you saw them behaving in that way whenever you went
there. If not sure, express the subject in other proper way. Please
don't wave blindly with the long bamboo pole, and cause harmful to all
the other tourist guides that were preforming the best for the
industry. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience.

regards,
Kyaw Kyaw Zin

T K Pau

Aug 31, 2010, 10:23:36 PM8/31/10