where is Jeral Poskey?

steve...@cities21.org

May 6, 2007, 6:56:57 PM5/6/07
to transport-innovators
I think I saw a post from Jeral on T-I today. This is the kind of
thing that can happen between baby feedings. Jeral has recently
became a new dad (http://www.davinciglobal.com/Brynn-Day0.jpg ) and
now manages a group in a technical operations unit at Google. His
teams provide data analysis, business process reviews, and internal
support for the product, engineering and sales organizations. Jeral
is "working wicked-long hours" at Google. Jeral started with Google
last October.

So, Jeral isn't super active in the advanced transit space anymore.
He's reached emeritus-status at Cities21:

"Very, very, very special thanks to Jeral Poskey for seven productive
years with Cities21!
Jeral was a Steering Committee member from 2000 through the end of
2006 and was a crucial part of Cities21. Many Cities21 projects would
not have been possible without him. Jeral came to the Bay Area in
2000 to obtain his Stanford MBA, and he co-founded Cities21. In the
advanced transit space, he also held senior positions with Taxi2000
Corporation and the Advanced Transit Association."

- Steve

Jeral Poskey

May 6, 2007, 11:55:33 PM5/6/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Steve. It was a pleasure working with Cities 21. I wish you had
more time to post on this list, but I know you are concentrating your
efforts in a few key places.

For those who don't know, Steve has spent the last 7 years advancing the
cause of advanced transit. Rather than just complaining that city officials
and urban planners don't understand, he has written dozens of papers, given
many presentations and met with hundreds of key people in the fields of
transportation and land use. Rather than bang them over the head with PRT,
he first spends a lot of time learning where they are coming from, what
their concerns are, and what motivates them. Only after understand all of
that can he create a PRT pitch is meaningful to them.

It is slow and painstaking work, but it has proven effective. I hope others
can contribute to that effort.

Jeral