Worrysome news about Winona PRT proposal - whittling to occur

1 view

Jerry Schneider

Mar 11, 2010, 5:20:48 PM3/11/10
to transport-...@googlegroups.com

Jay Andress

Mar 11, 2010, 10:46:44 PM3/11/10
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Jerry,

   Actually the news just got worse. Just announced today...barely three weeks after they buried the body of Democratic Congressman John Murhtha, the king of earmarks, the House Democratic Party has all of a sudden declared that earmarks are no more. If the Winona project was dependent on earmarks, I think that the Winona PRT project is dead...at least until after the fall elections. Maybe San Jose also????

                                                                    Jay

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Jerry Schneider <j...@peak.org> wrote:
http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/local/article_27235190-2cd0-11df-af38-001cc4c002e0.html

Jerry Schneider

Mar 11, 2010, 11:10:51 PM3/11/10
At 07:46 PM 3/11/2010, you wrote:
>Jerry,
>
> Actually the news just got worse. Just announced today...barely
> three weeks after they buried the body of Democratic Congressman
> John Murhtha, the king of earmarks, the House Democratic Party has
> all of a sudden declared that earmarks are no more. If the Winona
> project was dependent on earmarks, I think that the Winona PRT
> project is dead...at least until after the fall elections. Maybe
> San Jose also????

Very possibly - time will tell.

Dennis Manning

Mar 11, 2010, 11:50:38 PM3/11/10
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
It's really hard to imagine no earmarks. They are almost apple pie.