World Expo Shanghai 2010

1 vue

Jerry Schneider

non lue,
4 avr. 2010, 14:00:0404/04/2010
à transport-...@googlegroups.com
70 million visitors are expected to attend
http://en.expo2010.cn/
I wonder what transportation systems will be on display, other than
GM's 2-seat Citycar

Jay Andress

non lue,
4 avr. 2010, 14:30:0204/04/2010
à transport-...@googlegroups.com
  I am probably headed there this summer to visit my daughter who is living in Shanghai. I will let you know.
  It should be very interesting.  I think that the Shanghai World's Fair could rival the NY World's Fair in 1965. The Shanghai government looks at the event as their answer to the Beijing Olympics (their is significant sibling rivalry between Shanghai and Beijing) and has been planning the event for the last five years. It probably would have been even grander if the Mayor of Shanghai wasn't hauled off to jail on corruption charges about three years ago (While I never heard it confirmed I imagine that the bribery convictions of Siemens -paid a billion dollars in bribes!, the Mayor of Shanghai and the Shanghai maglev are related)

Jerry Roane

non lue,
4 avr. 2010, 19:42:5704/04/2010
à transport-...@googlegroups.com
Jay

Siemens paid a lot of money in bribes to culpable people.  Why are the bribe recipients not also headline news?  Siemens also operates in the LED lighting market.  It would follow that Siemens is currently bribing their way into the LED market too.  If a guy robs a convenience store of $600 he goes to jail for 5 years it would make sense that for each $600 paid in bribes the head of Siemens down through middle management who knew or should have known about these bribes could split up the years in prison between them to be equitable with the small-time robber.  Also on the receiving end of each of these bribes those people need to spend equal time in prison if there is justice.  "Without justice there is no peace." ---  MLK.

If it takes a billion dollars in bribes to build a system we better start saving our pennies now.

Jerry Roane
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer