US Entities Investing in PRT/GRT

0 vue

Peter Muller

non lue,
7 avr. 2010, 17:24:2707/04/2010
à transport-innovators
I am attempting to compile a list of US entities (non-suppliers) who
have or are investing $$ and/or in-kind work effort into PRT studies
and/or implementations during the last five years or so. Here is my
list so far. Please help by adding to it with as much info you have
about who invested, and what they invested in. Possibly also the
amount invested.

The goal here is to show newcomers to PRT that they are not the first
to be thinking about it and thereby to encourage them to jump in. I
only want to include efforts directly aimed at PRT/GRT.

Austin PRT
BWI Airport
City of Ithaca
City of San Jose
City of Santa Cruz
City of Winona
Commonwealth of Virginia
FTA
KS DOT
KSU
IAH Airport
KU
MN State
NY State
SJC Airport
NJ DOT
NJ Transit
Riverbridge North
US Army
US EPA
UVW

Jerry Schneider

non lue,
7 avr. 2010, 20:23:5207/04/2010
à transport-...@googlegroups.com
At 02:24 PM 4/7/2010, you wrote:
>I am attempting to compile a list of US entities (non-suppliers) who
>have or are investing $$ and/or in-kind work effort into PRT studies
>and/or implementations during the last five years or so. Here is my
>list so far. Please help by adding to it with as much info you have
>about who invested, and what they invested in. Possibly also the
>amount invested.
>
>The goal here is to show newcomers to PRT that they are not the first
>to be thinking about it and thereby to encourage them to jump in. I
>only want to include efforts directly aimed at PRT/GRT.

Some suggestions: It's WVU not UWV. Booze-Allen-Hamilton, NJ
Legislature, Princeton U, U of Washington
Cincinnati Sky Loop, Indianapolis, Chicago RTA, Village of Rosemont,
Ill, Raytheon, Aerospace Corporation,
City of Seattle, City of SeaTac, Fresno, CA., City of Miami, City of
Jacksonville, City of Detroit, many Downtown Peoplemover proposals to
UMTA, various CityCenter studies, various airport systems, several
Cities 21 studies in California. Some of these are only "studies" but
someone had to pay the people who did them. There are also lots of
published papers on various PRT/GRT topics that cost money to produce
and publish, and some have been very worthy of recognition. Did
Winona spend their own money on their brochure?

>Austin PRT
>BWI Airport
>City of Ithaca
>City of San Jose
>City of Santa Cruz
>City of Winona
>Commonwealth of Virginia
>FTA
>KS DOT
>KSU
>IAH Airport
>KU
>MN State
>NY State
>SJC Airport
>NJ DOT
>NJ Transit
>Riverbridge North
>US Army
>US EPA
>UVW
>

>--

- Jerry Schneider -
Innovative Transportation Technologies
http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans

Jerry Roane

non lue,
7 avr. 2010, 23:34:4207/04/2010
à transport-...@googlegroups.com
Peter

Texas paid about $100K to study dual mode and guideway and "Alternatives Analysis" through TxDot.  I suppose from our exclusionary request that you have a desire to exclude TxDot's investment to produce TTI:0-5827  http://tti.tamu.edu/documents/0-5827-1.pdf   published April 2008   No action taken as a result.

Jerry Roane

Kirston Henderson

non lue,
8 avr. 2010, 02:32:0408/04/2010
on 4/7/10 10:34 PM, Jerry Roane at jerry...@gmail.com wrote:

Peter

Texas paid about $100K to study dual mode and guideway and "Alternatives Analysis" through TxDot.  I suppose from our exclusionary request that you have a desire to exclude TxDot's investment to produce TTI:0-5827  http://tti.tamu.edu/documents/0-5827-1.pdf   published April 2008   No action taken as a result.

   Unfortunately, my source in TXDoT tells me that they are so short of money right now that they really can't do anything.

Kirston Henderson
MegaRail® Transportation Systems, Inc.

Richard Gronning

non lue,
8 avr. 2010, 14:07:3108/04/2010
Jerry Schneider wrote:

> Some suggestions: It's WVU not UWV. Booze-Allen-Hamilton, NJ
> Legislature, Princeton U, U of Washington
> Cincinnati Sky Loop, Indianapolis, Chicago RTA, Village of Rosemont,
> Ill, Raytheon, Aerospace Corporation,
> City of Seattle, City of SeaTac, Fresno, CA., City of Miami, City of
> Jacksonville, City of Detroit, many Downtown Peoplemover proposals to
> UMTA, various CityCenter studies, various airport systems, several
> Cities 21 studies in California. Some of these are only "studies" but
> someone had to pay the people who did them. There are also lots of
> published papers on various PRT/GRT topics that cost money to produce
> and publish, and some have been very worthy of recognition. Did Winona
> spend their own money on their brochure?
Paid for by businesses in Winona.

Dick

Peter Muller

non lue,
8 avr. 2010, 15:48:4008/04/2010
à transport-innovators
Jerry R, yes, I am only including PRT and GRT because these are the
only technologies actually up and running (ULTra now carrying the
public albeit not revenue passengers until June).

On Apr 7, 9:34 pm, Jerry Roane <jerry.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter
>
> Texas paid about $100K to study dual mode and guideway and "Alternatives
> Analysis" through TxDot.  I suppose from our exclusionary request that you

> have a desire to exclude TxDot's investment to produce TTI:0-5827http://tti.tamu.edu/documents/0-5827-1.pdf  published April 2008   No

> action taken as a result.
>
> Jerry Roane
>

> > transport-innova...@googlegroups.com<transport-innovators%2Bun subs...@googlegroups.com>

Peter Muller

non lue,
8 avr. 2010, 15:47:1108/04/2010
à transport-innovators
Jerry S, I am ljmiting my list to those currently investing or having
done so in the last five years so I think Fresno is the only one you
mention I should add.
By "invest" I mean hard cash or staff work in kind. I think Winona
qualifies for the latter but also think only marginally.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message