ULTra breakthrough in India?

Jerry Schneider

Dec 15, 2011, 11:52:48 AM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/travel/news/plans-for-worlds-first-mass-pod-system-unveiled/story-e6frg8ro-1226222702223

Sounds like it will be a very busy system if all goes well. Might
even generate some revenue in excess of its costs (depending on how
they are calculated).

- Jerry Schneider -
Innovative Transportation Technologies
http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans

Jack Slade

Dec 15, 2011, 1:05:30 PM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
"Revenue in excess of costs"  may be the invention we have been waiting for....a PC term for "Profit".

Jack Slade

--- On Thu, 12/15/11, Jerry Schneider <j...@peak.org> wrote:
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "transport-innovators" group.

Roy Reynolds

Dec 15, 2011, 4:18:12 PM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like an apology.  But you're right, good news.  Too bad ULTra's having no success in the US.

Dennis Manning

Dec 15, 2011, 4:51:10 PM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Most of us have been asking if ULTra will expand at Heathrow or if it would lead to other projects. This looks like the latter. It's very good news IMHO. Cheers to the ULTra people.

Richard Gronning

Dec 15, 2011, 4:54:39 PM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Why stop there? Too bad that 2getthere, Vectus, Taxi 2000, Unimodal, Megaway-Microway, TriTrack, and a whole lot more haven't been able to secure a contract yet.
Dick

Jack Slade

Dec 15, 2011, 5:26:19 PM12/15/11
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Why stop there?  Soon we will begin to hear from the idiots,  who will say "The fact that ULTra works has not proven that all these other systems will work equally well".
Idiots can only remain as idiots.

Jack Slade

Dec 16, 2011, 12:15:32 AM12/16/11

On Dec 15, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Richard Gronning wrote:

> Why stop there? Too bad that 2getthere, Vectus, Taxi 2000, Unimodal,
> Megaway-Microway, TriTrack, and a whole lot more haven't been able
> to secure a contract yet.
> Dick

As for MicroWay™ and MegaWay™, we have been deliberately limiting our
marketing campaign until we have our complete demonstration vehicle
ready to operate and carry passengers. We recently elected to delay
the start of formal demonstrations for about two more months to allow
us time to install upgraded and more powerful motor controllers so
that we can provide more convincing demos. With that done, we will
step up marketing efforts. The hard truth is that you really can't
sell a paper system, but only a real operating system.

Kirston Henderson
MegaRail® Transportation Systems, inc.

Nathan Koren

Dec 19, 2011, 6:52:46 AM12/19/11
to transport-innovators
On Dec 16, 5:15 am, Kirston Henderson <kirston.hender...@megarail.com>
wrote:

>  The hard truth is that you really can't
> sell a paper system, but only a real operating system.

Too right, and I've always appreciated MicrowWay / MegaWay for
realising this. In my view, it's perfectly appropriate for PRT
developers to make PowerPoint-based pitches to venture capital /
institutional investors, for the purposes of securing additional R&D
funding -- but if you're going to pitch to campuses or (especially)
governments, then you need to have already demonstrated that you can
build and operate the hardware that you say you can.

Anyhow, thanks for understanding this, and I look forward to seeing
your demonstrator up and running, and subsequent marketing efforts!

Cheers,

Nathan