Info from City of San Jose about their PRT plans

1 view

Jerry Schneider

Dec 15, 2008, 11:41:45 PM12/15/08
to transport-...@googlegroups.com

>Jerry,
>
>A complete list of the 17 individuals and firms that responded to the
>RFI is posted on our website at:
>http://www.sanjoseca.gov/transportation/atn_home.asp
>
>After reviewing the responses, we have concluded that this technology is
>ready for "prime time." The City of San Jose is very interested in
>pursuing a partnership with a firm or firms to deploy ATN in San Jose
>and help drive this industry forward.
>
>The Department of Transportation will convene a planning meeting with
>our partners in this venture-the San Jose International Airport and the
>Valley Transportation Authority-in January to map out a process to move
>forward. We want to move expeditiously, but effectively. We will likely
>hire a consulting firm to assist us in this process.
>
>As soon as we map out our process and timeline, I will be back in touch.
>More information will also be posted on our website at the address noted
>above.
>
>Thanks for your interest.

Mike C

Dec 18, 2008, 11:16:04 PM12/18/08
to transport-innovators
In addition to the San Jose developments, there were PRT rumblings in
Alameda (across the Bay) and Beamways presented at Google recently:

http://www.pr.com/press-release/122558

Seems that silicon valley is starting to finally notice PRT, which is
probably really good news because I think PRT a perfect fit for that
area, with the combination of high tech, progressive values and
venture capital.

Mike C.
> >Thanks for your interest.- Hide quoted text -

Brad Templeton

Dec 19, 2008, 4:55:23 PM12/19/08
to transport-innovators

But low urban density and extremely high car ownership. Most people
here have never once been on a VTA bus (I have, but not to or from my
house) because they don't run near them or go where they want.

Jerry Roane

Dec 19, 2008, 5:15:57 PM12/19/08
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Brad

My uncle lives in the middle of all that and he is 89 years old and has ridden the transit train once in his lifetime.  He was an Olympic hurdler but he does not use mass transit there.

Jerry Roane