Skyloop Rebuttal

Michael Weidler

Jun 8, 2007, 12:56:55 PM6/8/07
to transit-group
Has anyone else read the Skyloop Rebuttal? It's available from Dr Jerry. I am sitting here reading it and getting very angry. Several of you on this list work for or have worked for the Taxi2000 folks or Skyloop. Why wasn't PB sued?

Judging from what I've been reading, PB should have been sued for malicious conduct or something similar. At the very least, they should have been shown to be incompetent in a court of law for all of the world to see. Is there a lawyer in the house?

Worried about your Chinese manufactured Vitamin C?
Try Nutrilite® Kids Natural Chewable C.
Made from acerola cherries grown in Nutrilite orchards.
Michael Weidler

Walter Brewer

Jun 8, 2007, 2:47:33 PM6/8/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
No. but have two in the family and,on other examples at least, they say it is very hard to overcome a "professional judgement" defense.

Walt Brewer
Has anyone else read the Skyloop Rebuttal? It's available from Dr Jerry. I am sitting here reading it and getting very angry. Several of you on this list work for or have worked for the Taxi2000 folks or Skyloop. Why wasn't PB sued?

Judging from what I've been reading, PB should have been sued for malicious conduct or something similar. At the very least, they should have been shown to be incompetent in a court of law for all of the world to see. Is there a lawyer in the house?

Worried about your Chinese manufactured Vitamin C?
Try Nutrilite(r) Kids Natural Chewable C.

Jeral Poskey

Jun 9, 2007, 10:40:11 PM6/9/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
I had the same reaction.  Actually, someone attempted to raise issues with the professional ethics board.  However, the question is what it accomplishes in the long run.  That kind of reaction is likely to alienate the entire consulting industry, the ones we will eventually have to be friendly with.  When facing a stronger opponent, attacking them head-on against their strengths (size, reputation, and massive amounts of money for legal fees) is not usually the best way to do it.  Tempting, but not wise.

Jeral

Michael Weidler

Jun 10, 2007, 10:12:47 AM6/10/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
Let me get this straight...complaining about incompetent or malicious behavior to an ethics board would alienate the entire consulting industry? So what IS a reasonable course of action? Being nice and playing fair sure hasn't worked. It has been my experience that turning the other cheek simply gets the other cheek hit as well.

Dennis Manning

Jun 10, 2007, 11:10:14 AM6/10/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
If there is enough outrage to pursue the issue then why not round up an attorney and get his/her take on what the consquences of taking action are likely to be.
Jun 11, 2007, 6:38:56 PM6/11/07
to transport-...@googlegroups.com
I guess we've had very different experiences in this matter. Most of my experience comes from the Transit Wars in Seattle. In my opinion, simply setting the record straight with correct data is not the opposite of playing nice.

I do sympathize with the polical environment most transit agencies operate in. I sympathize with them so much that I want to change the environment by putting the arrogant stupid SOBs who are causing the problem behind bars where they belong.

I understand that doing anything significant to the actual politicians is very problematic; however, if the consultants are put on notice that "cooking the books" is going to get them sued, it may force them to provide complete accurate informantion. What the politicians do with the information, is technically beyond their control.